Discussion in 'Welcome' started by nok1888, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nok1888

nok1888 Well-Known Member

i'm bipolar, unfortunately 90% of my life is spent in depression, 60-70% of that suicidal and its getting worse. 5% of my time is manic and the other 5%is mixed. I'm never "normal". I'm not sure i'm going to last too much longer. I joined here in a last ditch attempt to find people who understand, if there is such a person out there
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Nok, welcome to the forum :) :hug:
  3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF Nok! :)
    I'm sure you'll find the support you're looking for here, anytime you want to talk feel free to PM. :hug:
  4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Yes, I'm also dealing with bi-polar and depression issues as are numerous people at this site. What kind of therapy and/or meds. have you tried?

Welcome to SF. We're here to share our experience and open a dialogue with you. You can also make some great contacts and friends here. You are not alone. Feel free to send me a private message if you wish.

5. Dying_Dreams

Dying_Dreams Well-Known Member

Hiya and welcome to the forum.
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HEy welcome to the forum you certainly come right place to relate to people Lots of support here so your not alone anymore. Lots of therapy can help bipolar illness as well as new meds. take care see ya around
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. :shake:
  8. nok1888

nok1888 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

As for therapy and meds, I'm currently on Sodium Valproate 1500mg, Lamotragine 150mg, Lofepramine 240mg and Seroquel (Quetiapine) 300mg daily.

Ive recieved CBT and psychiatric help. For some reason my psychiatrist decided to stop seeing me, Im not sure why and I fell out with my CBT. I was offered to go see a cpn but I saw him once before and it seemed he didnt believe that bipolar existed. I told him about the anger "oh everyone gets angry now and again", told him about the highs "oh everyone gets happy now and again", told him about the depression "oh everyone gets down now and again". So, I showed him the door and told him not to come back, how can you talk to someone who doesnt believe what your saying.

Its hard enough getting friends/family to believe you or to get them to understand without having to try convince a so called proffessional theres something wrong. Thats the worst thing about mental health problems, because no one can "see" it they find it hard to believe.
  9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!! I'm sure you will make friends here!!
  10. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.