Discussion in 'Welcome' started by happyville, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happyville

happyville Well-Known Member

I'm Kimberly and I'm here to help others, offer advice, support, etc. Heck, I might even end up needing support from others - I've been struggling on and off with depression for years now and recently hit a very, very low point that frightened me, but I'm doing a lot better.

I'm a proud ginger of 18 years old and have a severely geeky love of Doctor Who. What makes the depression so much worse for me is that I am, innately, a very optimistic, happy-go-lucky, often sassy person - depression tends to take away my entire identity.

I struggle with addiction as well - namely, the meds prescribed to me for my back. It certainly hasn't helped my depression at all and it's a constant struggle, every day.

Today has been a 'good day' for me, I feel like I've come out of a fog of overwhelming, zombie-esque apathy, which is why I searched for a forum where I could help others who struggle like I do and befriend kindred souls. : )

I'm so happy to be a part of this forum now and I'm excited to meet its members, so here is a bit (too much) about me. Hi everyone!
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Kimberly,its nice to meet you! Welcome to sf :)
  3. happyville

Awesome, thank you. It's lovely to meet you too. : )
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Kimberly. Peer support is a wonderful tool. I am glad you are willing to receive support should you need it and give support when you fell up to it. Nice to have you here. :hug:
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi Kimberly, Welcome to the forums!!
  6. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Hi Kim
    You sound cool and fun and a breath of fresh air. Welcome to SF. I really like your user name :D

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey welcome to SF:hugtackles:
  8. happyville

Oh, thank you, Kate! It's been my username for so many things because it's like a reminder of who I am - depression can't take away the reminders. : ) I'm sorry you're feeling lonely.

And thank you everyone for welcoming me! It's highly appreciated.
  9. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :) welcome to the forum - hope you like it here :hug:
  10. happyville

Thanks, Sparkle. : )
  11. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Hey welcome to sf.you seem like a really up beat person.sometimes this place just needs that happy go lucky person to crack a joke and it changes the mood of the place. again welcome to sf.
  12. happyville

Aw, thank you so much, Earn. : ) I've been through a lot of similar, horrible things, but I try to always be upbeat and supportive of others, so I appreciate that. Thanks for adding me to your contacts!
  13. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

how are you ??
    welcome to SF :) :hug:
  14. happyville

I'm great, thanks! :D Yourself?
  15. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Kim! Feel me to PM me anytime.
  16. happyville

Thanks, Mahya! :D
  17. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

You're welcome, Kimmy!:smile:
  18. happyville

I love that nickname. : ) I'm going to add you to my contacts!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.