Discussion in 'Welcome' started by nothing to live for, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nothing to live for

nothing to live for New Member

Hi i'm new. I'm 27 years old and i've thought about suicide before but it's never ever been this bad before. i'm scared for myself and what makes it even worse is that i'm not good at talking about my feelings. i'm in therapy i was supposed to see my therapist tomorrow but i called and cancelled. i want to go but i'm afraid that she will put me in the hospital when she finds out how bad things are.
  2. Pein

Pein Banned Member

welcome to suicide forum, im sort of like u. im just scare to get help. its not that im afraid to get thrown in a looney bin, its just im scare of what people might think. in my mind its like - do they think i want attention? they dont care about me, it's their job to help people..im just afraid they might judge me. i've encounter a lot of bad people when i was growing up
  3. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :) welcome to SF. I hope you find that it helps you - theres lots of support to be had here :arms:
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey give your therapist a chance she won't lock you up just talk to her I tell my therapist all time i want out i can't take it anymore. We talk and he gets me to breath and at end of the session i am more calm and more positive Phone your therapist back and go to that meeting Get healing now the first session is not hard at all The therapist will do most talking so go okay give yourself a chance to find somekind of healing
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya, welcome to SF :welcome: I hope you will like it here!
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I think you should reschedule your appointment and don't be afraid to let your therapist know what is going on . What you have to say is probably something he has heard before. The therapist will assess the situation and try to help you get to the root of what has brought these feelings to the forefront. It does not mean they will try to admit you. They want to help and they realize that hospitalization is a last resort.
  7. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

welcome to sf
    i agree with violet
  8. nothing to live for

nothing to live for New Member

thanks for the warm welcome. my therapist called me today and wants me to see her on monday.
  9. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

good luck with you appointment and be sure to let us know how it goes. meanwhile we're always here to talk and support you :hug:
  10. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF, I agree with what Violet and Gentlelady have said. I hope you take their advice and that it helps you. :hug:
  11. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I agree with the others.
    Welcome :cake: hope your appointment went well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.