Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Ranger, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranger

Ranger Member

Not really sure how to start this but, tonight i just feel a little depressed. I know my problem isnt that bad at all when i go and read other peoples problems. But it just bugs me now and then, sometimes i dont feel depressed for weeks, but theres just some days, where it feels life is too long.

I know i am seeing someone about the way im feeling, but i dont really know how much it will help.

I just know that i dont know how much longer i will live it feels like some days, cause just about all of my friends are leaving this september(i know that some people on here must think that im stuipd for thinking that this is what im depressed about, but really my friends, is just about the only thing that really keeps me going). And the rest of the few thats left, are working, but dont really have time to chill. they got school and work here. I work too, so i dont get time during the week, but they work on the weekends...

I just hate having to know that in just a few short months i will be alone, i dont know whats going to happen after that, which is what scares me.

I know i already hate work, which doesnt help, cause it sucks doing oil changes all day long. Im waiting for an apprenticeship, and it beens nine moths and i havent gotten anywhere..

I dont know what im looking for as in help, but maybe someone could help me with that? Im sorry that i have written so much, but my fingures just kepted typing.

I think i've writen just about everything thats making me depressed right now, but im sure theres more.

Matty, thats what my friends call me.
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Matty, Welcome to the forums..Your friends leaving is part of life.. After high school many go there seperate ways. Some to college, The military, jobs in different citys.. Thers alot of reasons for it.. Give yourself time you will meet new friends..My neice has been changing oil ever since she got out of high school..She is assistant manager now.. She could be manager but has socialphobia and couldn't deal with the customers.. So she stays in the pit and is making as much as the manager..
  3. Hi Matty
    I hope you feel better.
    I'm new here too and i am reading other peoples posts before I post myself. Too bad your friends are leaving but you can keep in touch? And you'll meet new people and make new friends in some time. :hazel:
    Anyways hope you are feeling better
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey your sadness is no less than others. Todays technology wow youcan stay in touch with your friends set up times where you all can meet over school breaks get out and make new friends more to add to your list. Don't worry okay it is hard change i know but sometimes change brings better things. Keep posting okay let us know how you are doing.
  5. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

Hun depression is different for different people.
    You arent stupid or less deserving as the next person. If this makes you depressed, and you come here for support, great.
    I'm terribly sorry you are losing your friends, and I hope maybe this site will help you

If you need anything you can send me a message, I'm Shelbi.
  6. Ranger

Ranger Member

Hi, thank to all who replied to my post, but change is one of those things that hard for me to get over. I know theres nothing i can do about it. But even though there is ways to talk to people online and stuff. that really doesnt do anything for me, i have to have them actually be there for me not to feel alone.
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Matty. Sometimes we do need that personal face to face contact to not feel alone. While cyberspace cannot take the place of human contact, it can help to fill a void. You would be surprised at how quickly you can get to know people and begin to feel a part of their lives. You can develop great online friendships where people get to know you for who you are, not because of who your family is, what you look like, who your friends are, etc. Don't give up on developing friends in RL either. Give your therapy time. You may find it does help. in the meantime, continue sharing your thoughts and feelings with us. Our purpose is to support one another through the good times and the bad times. We can share in your joys and sorrows, and you may find yourself joining in sharing ours. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.