Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Gracey, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gracey

Gracey Member

I came here because I am feeling really alone and basically wondering what/who to turn to when I feel bad about myself. My main problem is my family has made it very clear that they don't want to hear about. I have attempted to explain to them I get really depressed at times and contemplate killing myself and they mock me and claim I am only saying it for attention. This is not unusual as the general attitude is indifference to my feelings or wants. I was raised by a mother who stated her other two daughters needed her and I could take care of myself. I now care for her and the attitude of indifference remains. Attempting to explain my feelings or wants only led to quarrels and is really a waste of time. My grown son has the same attitude and spends most of his time not speaking to me because I somehow offended him. The only other person around is a sister who was so spoilt by my mother she really cannot comprehend that other people may have needs and concerns. So, I feel alone, unloved and wondering where do I begin again as none of these people offer any hope to have a healthy relationship with.
  2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Gracey. Please keep posting, someone will be able to help and listen :)
  3. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

Hi gracey. Welcome to the forums. One thing I can say is, when all the rest have turned their backs on you, God is still there willing to listen and give you comfort. Don't worry, everything is within God's plans. Surely, there will come a time when your family will finally realize that you are worth their everything. A lot of people care for you. Believe me. And keep on posting your thoughts. A lot of others are willing to help. :)
  4. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

Hi Gracey & welcome to SF..

I do not know about God, I shall leave that to others on the forum. But I do know that you will find like minded people on here who will share your load when it all becomes too much..

Always remember that you are not alone..You do not have to endure this on your own (Unless you wish to) & that someone will always hear your cry & listen..

Sending you peaceful thoughts hon.
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi Gracey,
    Welcome to the forums!! You know that when no one else will listen you can always come here and talk... The members here are supportive.. Sometimes when you are new it takes a while before they notice that you are in pain.. You will make friends here easy enough.. Take care!!!
  6. Gracey

Gracey Member

Thanks for all the warm wishes. Very anxious this morning as I have a doctor's appointment due to a lump. It is probably nothing. I am a little pensive as if it is something I really don't have much left to give to my family and they will expect me to support them during their crisis. *Sigh* -the way it is.
  7. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

hello gracey im new here too but it seems like a nice place id be glad to listen to you and we can learn all about this forum together!
    and dont worry too much about your family i have one like that and im learning too deal without them which is helping.
  8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Hi there, Gracey. Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your mother and your situation. I know it's not easy to deal with feeling the way we do, and having no-one be supportive. I hope you keep posting on here. I'm around, if you'd ever like to chat, or need to talk. Take care. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.