Discussion in 'Welcome' started by BillyGoat, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillyGoat

BillyGoat New Member

Hello, I'm new.

I don't suffer from depression but experienced someone close to me committing suicide. Since then I have been trying to understand suicide better... or something. I don't really know. I just want to know why it happened, so I find myself joining forums like this one in hopes of finding the answers to my questions.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hi billy, welcome to sf :)
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...sometimes we will never know, but what I do know is that you were a good friend...only someone who cared would put this type of effort in...please, if you feel you could have done anything different, and blame yourself in any way, do not...you did your best, and your friend had grave problems...welcome again, J
  4. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

Hello, welcome to SF.

I hope you find at least some of the answers you're looking for here, but remember that each individual has his/her own reasons for looking towards suicide and, no matter how much you do/did blame yourself for, it was not your fault. The fact that you are currently joining forums like this one to understand shows that you did everything you could for him/her.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi welcome to SF hugs:hugtackles::hugtackles:
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Billy!! There are alot of people on this forum with SI..They all have there reasons.. Mine is because I don't have a life.. I isolate myself 24/7..I have several problems and sometimes I just reach the breaking point..I just had that happen and my pdoc increased my meds..My friends here at the forum rallied around me also..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.