Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, I'm new to sites like this. Or even ideas like this. I grew up in a home that didn't really acknowledge emotional pain. So often times I would ignore or grit and bear any stress in my life.
But lately, I've needed extra help and didn;t know where to turn. So I figured it was time to try a support area like this.

Any advice for a green leaf? Either how to be supportive or to use a site like this to the most advantage?

SashaJade

Hi there, :welcome: to SF :D

Hope you find everything you need here, it's such a supportive community :)

:hug: for youu.

Sam :snake:

Mr Stewart

hello :smile:

I know what you mean about coming from a family atmosphere of ignoring mental problems, denying their existence, people telling each other to tough it out/suck it up etc., suffering in silence until it all spills over at once. I've been on my own for over a decade now and I'm still working hard to unlearn some of the bad habits and biases picked up during my childhood.

Only advice about the board is to just take it slow. Don't feel pressured to do or say anything you're not comfortable with.

Fitzy

Hi. Use SF in the way that works best for you. Maybe you would be able to reach out to your doctor for help as well? X

Constantinos

hi, I'm new to sites like this. Or even ideas like this. I grew up in a home that didn't really acknowledge emotional pain. So often times I would ignore or grit and bear any stress in my life.
But lately, I've needed extra help and didn;t know where to turn. So I figured it was time to try a support area like this.

Any advice for a green leaf? Either how to be supportive or to use a site like this to the most advantage?
Hello and welcome to these forums,

I am here to help you as much as you need, it is important that first you acknowledge your emotions and your pain - ignoring will not help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00