Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by dossie, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dossie

dossie New Member

Hi, everyone. I'm 26 and desperate. Maybe you know the feeling.

I rationalize. A lot. For example, I can deal with my aimless long-term relationship, low-paying job and lack of social connections in a still-strange area code. I'm in no rush to spawn, enjoy where I work and have found a few friends whose quality makes up for quantity.

Unfortunately, this method doesn't always work. Especially when it comes to my soul-crushing debt load of approximately $80,000. Since having to change jobs last year, I am unable to make payments to my biggest student loan vendor. I ignored the ominous letters and phone calls and now that they have stopped I am terrified of what comes next.

In my despair, I've contemplated everything from just walking away from my life to ending it all. I chain smoke just to get myself through empty stretches of time, and I've developed an unhealthy obsession with the state lottery. Heck, I'm one bottle of Boone's Farm away from completing the white trash trinity.

I have no idea how I'm going to fix any of this, or if I even can, but writing it out felt good. I'm glad to be here.

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Welcome, dossie. :)

Blimey, I have a sister with a debt load around yours from student loans. She is having trouble financially in that regard as well. :( Definitely sad for me to see someone like you suffering from $ problems. Reminds me of her. She's just one year younger than you.

Anyways, wish you the very best.

Alex

3. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. Hope you find some good support here. :arms:

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!! I would tell you to file bankruptcy but it doesn't cover student loans unfortunately..

5. Patience

Patience Member

Welcome to the forum! I'm new here as well. You won't have to worry when you're talking to us. It seems like everyone on here's willing to give a helping hand. Maybe you'll find someone that can really give you that extra boost you need in life.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF here anytime you need some support hun hugs

7. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.