Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by darklight86, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklight86

darklight86 New Member

Wll since i've joined i better say hi.

Not been the best year and several months for me because the loss of my father last year due to a heart attack and the fact that even though i did chest compressions (waiting on an ambulance) i felt like i didn't do enough to save him.

At the moment i don't consider myself suicidal or that much in crisis though i have been before and i'm worried that because i don't really talk to my family about emotional stuff and the like i'll end up making things worse for myself if i don't talk to someone in times of crisis.

2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Welcome to the forums - I'm glad you're able to tell us all that.

Have you thought about some form of bereavement counselling? I know it's hard but your family may well be feeling some of the same things and sharing the emotions may help to at least make them more manageable...

Hope you keep safe,

Much love,
    Chris

3. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Hi. Welcome to sf. I hope you find what you are looking for here.. And if you need anything at all, feel free to PM me.

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

welcome. :smile:

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I can relate to your feelings as I lost my father six years ago the day after Christmas. I had so many "if only" thoughts that went through my head. You did the best you could to save him and it just wasn't meant to be. My PM box is open if you need an extra listening ear. I know you will find lots of support here.

6. darklight86

darklight86 New Member

@In Limbo - I haven't really though about anything like bereavement counselling to be honest. Yes i should talk to my family but i keep thinking that talking to someone outside my family is best as they don't know anything other than what i'll tell them and they will only be able to give advice based on that rather than my family bringing up family stuff.

7. EarToHelp

EarToHelp Member

Hi :)

Hope you find the support you deserve.

Your father's death was not your fault, not in the slightest, and you need to realise that. You are a fantastic person for caring this much, but there was nothing you could do about that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.