Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by sideline, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideline

sideline New Member

I honestly thought i was passed all this. kinda thought it was just me being a teenager either seeking attention or sympathy. But here I am today, 23 just getting off work at a terrible job and not working on my applications to graduate school. Im not suicidal (i think about it from time to time, but im not planning on acting on these thoughts anytime soon.) I try to project a confident image to my friends but i have this lingering insecurity that keeps taking me back to my awkward teenage years. I refuse to talk to a professional due to past experiences, and most importantly i refuse to take any medications. I feel my type of depression can be conquered via change of habit. I forgot to mention that i was diagnosed with atypical depression 5 years ago. I am very stubborn but try to be a nice, open minded guy.

Fun fact, I just deleted about 300 words from this opening statement because i only now realized its the welcome thread.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HI hun nice to meet you well next time that happens leave it okay we can transfer post around if they are not in right place. Hopefully with support from here hun your fight against this illness will become easier h ugs

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

HI sideline , welcome.. if your depression gets to be too much to live with maybe then you should reexamine your dislike of docs and meds.. you take care, Jim

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum

5. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Welcome to the forum. If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to PM me anytime :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.