Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Squidge, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squidge

Squidge Member

Hi I don't want to give my name out yet but I'm female n 25.

Don't really know what to say, I've suffered with depression since I was 14/15.
    The last 2 years have been ok but a few months ago my partner was really ill and had Togo in hospital for a bit mentally she is much better. I'm her carer also but her mobility and physical health has really gone down hill. I've been really low the last month n a bit and had to go off work sick for 2 weeks . N I've been really struggling with work (caring profession) and I was recently promoted now I've demOted. I just feel like I've failed. We r going to really struggle for money. I just feel so down that I can't imagine myself feeling better again. Just don't really want to be here anymore, but I dont want to hurt my partner n family who all have their own problems and all are really stressed right now. Just feel so lost. Sorry for talking crap on a intro board but I feel desperate.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi and welcome to SF, Squidge. I'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough time right now. I'm glad you found the forum and have a place to talk about what's on your mind.

Do you have an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) from work? If you do, it might offer some confidential counselling and stress management help. Have you talked to your GP to see if you are clinically depressed again? A doctor might recommend taking some anti-depressants, which helps a lot of people and might be worth trying.

Read some of the other forums, and post more about how you're doing and what's happening. I'm sure you will find that we're a supportive bunch here and others may have experience with situations similar to yours. I hope you begin to feel better soon.

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Squidge, you never have to give your real name on here .. is totally up to you.. if is something you want to keep secret please do so.. welcome to SF... if you have been working for a lengthy period of time and always there it seems pretty unfair that your employer does not allow you some sick time.. if you are union worker maybe talk to them about this issue.. look around some and try to get comfortable a bit.. hope to hear more from you in the future.. tc, Jim

4. Squidge

Squidge Member

Hi acy n jimk,

I'm seeing my gp on Monday I'm currently on fluoxetine which I've been on for a month, but it has made no difference. Feel like I can't talk to anyone about this. Feel very isolated

5. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Hi Squidge - I was on fluoxetine for a long time too...if you've only been on it a month then my advice would be to stick with it for an extended period - and ADs only really work with other help too in my experience. If you wanna talk to me about it drop me a PM.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Squidge, first let me welcome you to the forum. I am so sorry about the things that have happened over the past several years. Thank you for joining us and reaching out. There are times we all struggle. It's okay. I hope the GP is able to get your med situation under control and find something that works for you. I hope you continue to come to us so we can support you as you need it. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.