Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by poster2747, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poster2747

poster2747 Member

I'm female 45 from England.
    I just thought I would introduce myself here.
    Feeling really low and no way out of my problems right now.
    Not a suicide risk though, but had thoughts of it.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi and welcome to SF, 2747. Lots of people here can relate to "feeling really low and no way out of my problems right now" - you'll find lots of support. Again, welcome! :)

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi poster and welcome..

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

On here, I hope the exchange of moral support will be extremely beneficial for you. When you are ready, feel free to let out more of your emotions through writing.....so glad to have you in our community. :)

5. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to SF!

I believe you find comfort and encouragement here.

:hug:

6. poster2747

poster2747 Member

Sorry this reply is so late.

Thank you all for your lovely welcome.

I have a lot of mental distress and absent mindedness as I have been weaning off tranqulisers for the past three years. I also have underlying distress due to emotional and physical abuse from family.
    I still have a way to go, and am feeeling worse and worse.

Thanks for offering me to write out my emotions.

I don't quite know how frank I can be with regards to where I am with suicide at the moment, and don't want to get banned.
    I can't be frank when talking to friends because they say things along the lines of "don't be silly" and "stay positive"etc, which is ideal but they don't seem to understand how I feel, even though they try hard to.
    They don't u nderstand that I am beyond trying to feel positive. I have so many things to dread and worry about.

Thanks
    Poster

7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi. You can be very frank about how you're feeling but not about methods. :) You might find it useful to read over the site rules and guidelines: http://www.suicideforum.com/faq.php?faq=sf_rules_and_faq#faq_sf_rules They are pretty straightforward.

It sounds as if your friends want to be supportive, but don't quite understand what you're going through. I'm sure they care about you and it's just that "feeling suicidal" is beyond their own experiences. Glad you found the site because most people here have had some similar feelings and you'll be able to relate to us. :hug:

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Let me also welcome you to the forum. We are much more liberal in allowing you to speak about your true feelings than many forums are. As Acy mentioned, as long as you do not give specific methods or things that are illegal in the USA, UK, or Australia you will probably be safe. If you have any doubts on what may be allowed, do not hesitate to PM a member of staff and ask about it. Our primary concern is in supporting you and helping you to find ways to cope with your issues. I look forward to seeing you around the forum. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.