Discussion in 'Welcome' started by NumberNine, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NumberNine

NumberNine New Member

I am a 23 year old male, have been depressed since my 17's. Every day struggling and at 21 i got a major burn-out because of the depression over the years. I went to the hospital and stayed there for a month and a half. They got me on anti-depressive medication and it helped a bit in the beginning. Now im 23 and nothing really changed, i am very depressed again and have other psychological issues. I have BDD and social fobia. Both are really destroying me inside, i just cant take it anymore. I speak once in 2 weeks with a psychiatrist but i really dont know why, it doesnt help me nothing. She only gives me medication and we talk about it, it doesnt help me at all. I really wish i could just end this shitty life but i cant. I was raised religious so i cant even take my own life, im afraid for what will happen. So here i am, 23 year old, living on my own. No friends, no girl, the social fobia is killing me, some days im afraid to go outside. I found this forum and hope to learn here and motivate each other. Btw i live in the Netherlands.

2. BruceWayneWannabe

BruceWayneWannabe Active Member

Hi NumberNine! Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you around.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi NumberNine, welcome to SF. You have found a great place for support and I hope you will find what you are looking for. I'm sorry that you are going through a tough time, but we are here for you. So feel free to message us or post anytime you want.
  4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hello numbernine.. a warm welcome to you now.. you seem to be against the medication and talk therapy route at this time.. all i will say both have helped me tremendously over my many years.. will let it go now..lol.. this place here is full of many good adn caring people.. we don't judge or intentionally put anyone down.. look around at all the forums and chatroom usually has someone in them.. got any questons about this place please just let us know.. tc, jim
  5. zhzubair4

zhzubair4 New Member

6. jessneedstobethin

jessneedstobethin Well-Known Member

Hello NumberNine!
    I hope you find the support here that you are looking for :) I am new too, and I have already found this site to be a great help.
    If you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me. I am here to help too!
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to our forum. I am glad you are still seeking ways to get support. That is so important. You mentioned that you are seeing a psychiatrist, but do you have a therapist? The main purpose of a pdoc is to prescribe and regulate medications. Those may need to be adjusted if they aren't working for you. The therapists role is to help you work through things by listening and offering ways to help you cope with your issues. Also giving you the tools to help make some life changes that may help. Don't give up. Things may not always be this way.
  8. NumberNine

NumberNine New Member

Thank you all for welcoming me, i appreciate it and i hope we can motivate each other here.
  9. jessneedstobethin

jessneedstobethin Well-Known Member

that sounds great :)
    i hope you're feeling better today!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.