Discussion in 'Welcome' started by TheLoneWolf, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I'm new here.

I'm not quite sure why I'm here. I've tried depression forums before, and they usually only make me feel worse. People either judge me or reinforce my belief that nobody gives a [explitive] about me. Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment. Or maybe I'm running out of options, and this is a cry for help. I've looked for help before, with no success. I don't really expect this time to be any different. I guess somewhere deep down there is a part of me that doesn't want to commit suicide, a part of me that insists on trying every viable alternative before throwing in the cosmic towel. Most likely it's just a knee-jerk reaction based on some primitive survival instinct.

Anyway, whatever the reason, here I am, in spite of my better judgment. The naive optimist in me insists that there is always hope for a better future, that I can some day be happy, though the realist in me knows better...
  2. TheLoneWolf

Thanks to the moderators for finally approving this. Even if nobody replies. It's good to know that my voice was allowed to be heard, even if no one cares to listen.
  3. TheLoneWolf

1 view and 0 replies. Awesome. About what I expected.
    It's nice to know that in a world of 7 billion people, not one of them gives a crap about me.

Oh well. It was nice not knowing you all.
  4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome.. I am the one that approved your post..part of my job.. Lol. Lone wolf have been where you are now.. That is enuf for me to care.. You have started on here.. Hope you keep talking.
  5. Whispers

Whispers Banned Member

Hi Lone Wolf. Pleased you found us and hope you find what you seek here. Everyone is very friendly and supportive and always have time to listen and help. If you ever need anything, just let me know. Here to help.
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome. I'm sorry it took some time for your post to get some replies. But please keep talking here, and if you ever want someone to talk to, you can PM me anytime.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi and welcome...you won't be judged unfairly here. This is a nice, welcoming community, and hopefully you will be at ease here. Just know that there are people listening to you and we do care.
  8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum Lonewolf. I am sorry your thread wasn't answered as quickly as you would like. Try to be patient with us. There are lots of threads and posts to go through and sadly enough, it takes some time. I hope you find our foum to be more supportive than what you have experienced with others in the past. We are not here to pass judgment on one another, but rather to offer support with the bad and good times. Feel free to PM me or someone you feel comfortable with if you want or need that little bit extra. Take care :hug:
  9. TheLoneWolf

Thanks everyone.

Sorry for being so dramatic. When I posted the original message, I was feeling absolutely hopeless and on the verge of doing something drastic. Luckily (or perhaps unluckily) I didn't, and now I'm back to feeling less miserable, more apathetic.

Still trying to determine whether my failure to follow through with suicide is due to foolish optimism or just pure cowardice. Either way, I'm absolutely positive that I will eventually get over both of these hurdles if my life doesn't change.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.