Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Scathe, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scathe

Scathe New Member

Hello. I just found this forum and, don't know why, decide to register.
    I don't even know what to say here.
    Today I felt lost. Like if everything I do won't change anything in my life. I'm about to give up of college, and have been in front of my computer the entire day, looking for help or similar experiences, anything to help me go through it.

Most of the time I don't think this life is worth living. And everyday I think about suicide. I can't do it, because my family care about me and they would suffer if I did. But even though I'm physically ok, deep inside I'm hurt. Nothing makes sense.

Hopefully I will find some help here.
  2. adamantined

adamantined Member

I'm sorry you feel this way, I truly am. I'm in the same boat- I've attempted it twice and every day it keeps slipping back into my mind. If you ever want to chat or just vent to somebody, you can message me and I'll try my best to help you.

I hope you feel better.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Scathe, welcome to SF. If you are looking for help, you will surely find it here. Glad to have you on the site.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi welcome to SF hun Hope you continue to reach out here hun pm me anytime as well if you need to talk hugs
  5. nolongerknow

nolongerknow Active Member

Hey Scathe. Welcome !

you have come to one place you can be sure you will be understood. I'm only very new myself and have already had a very comforting welcome.

What are you studying at college? I know attending school/work even support groups can be difficult if you are feeling depressed. But at (I think) all colleges you can take sickness leave, it may mean you have to wait till the next semester to resume your studies but that eans very little if you get back and complete your studies. I'm not sure if your course is government funded or if you have payed yourself. But if you have come down with an illness, and have paid your tuition fee, they are required to accommodate you.

Most of the time I feel life is not worth living as well.

I have 2 quotes for you

if you're feeling suicidal - "Continue to live just to spite your enemies"
    and if life has you down - "Success is the best revenge"

Keep Positive
  6. Dreamland

Dreamland Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF, Scathe. It's gonna be okay. It's easy to lose sight of any reasons why life is worthwhile. Hey, we all still wonder once in a while--I'm sure everyone does. Just take it a day at a time, because it's a cognitive distortion to think that you're always going to feel the same way or that life will always be sad. Depression isn't you, it's just attaching itself to you. I hope you'll join the rest of us and give yourself a chance to live despite the fact that your brain fights it sometimes (even if it's often). You've already taken the first step in coming here and realizing you aren't helpless.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.