Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ClowningScared, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClowningScared

ClowningScared New Member

New member here. Struggling with substance abuse and self harming and all those feelings that follow.
    More of a last resort that brings me here. Guess everyone knows the feelings of lying to your loved ones which can lead to crazy steps in someones life. Im to afraid to meet some one face to face. To afraid to attent a AA meeting or as such.
    But yet i am hoping that talking to a stranger on the internet could be a diffence that im looking for. I am afraid of this site as well, i know to well of the bias and the judgement that happens. Not much of a story, or it could be guessed as its so cliche. I am a good person who needs to be listened to instead of listening but to afraid of telling my loved ones that, seems selfish but its steps i need to take.

Acceptance is a chance that many arent given but i hope to acheive it here. With care and support

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun welcome to SF you will find acceptance and understanding here hugs
  3. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Welcome to sf you will find understanding and caring people here always feel welcome to vent ask for help or just chat.You will find you wont be judged as alot of people are dealing with very simular problems.Hope you can find the support you need here.Take care hope to see you around the forum
  4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

warm welcome to you now.. we try not to judge anyone on here.. doing that might cause someone to do it to us.. lol have had addictions wiht substances myself in the past.. many others here also have and still doing that.. perhaps take a look at the substance abuse forum and see if that works for you??? look around here some at your own pace.. lots of forums .. also chatrooms have traffic inh them.. got any questions about this place please just let us know.. take care, Jim
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi, welcome to SF. You won't have to be afraid here...you can talk about your feelings and you won't get judged or put down. People here are accepting and we want to help you. So I hope you feel safe to talk about things here.
  6. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

Hiya, welcome to SF! The people here are great and extremely understanding and supportive, don't be afraid to PM any of us for a shoulder to lean on - chat is always available too and I promise everybody in there is nice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.