Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Teo, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teo

Teo Active Member

I'm been depressed since November, I wash my hands loads, done some self harm. I feel like I'm a burden to my family, they get angry at me when they see me washing my hands. I'm currently thinking about suicide.
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. Sounds like maybe you suffer from OCD. Are you currently in some sort of therapy? There are behavior modification techniques to help you learn to deal with this.
  3. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

Washing your hands is a good thing. Especially in the winter time, lots of sickness going around. If your family gets angry, just think to yourself, they'll get sick and you won't. :laugh:
  4. Teo

Teo Active Member

I haven't had any therrapy, I don't think I'd be able to live with my current condition, it annoys me.
  5. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Are you willing to try therapy? May I assume that you probably feel ashamed about your condition and sometimes pretend that you are perfectly normal? Are you ashamed to get therapy and maybe admit you have a problem?

I know myself, I keep pathetically trying to tell myself I am normal and don't need to take antidepressants or see a psychologist when chearly I am abnormal from every other human being on the face of this planet.

Maybe you can't live with it, but that doesn't mean it can't be cured, you don't have to be stuck with it forever you know.
  6. Teo

Teo Active Member

I'd be willing to try therapy, I feel ashamed at my condition. Any good ideas on where to find therapists?
  7. itachi

itachi Well-Known Member

Welcome Welcome,:smile: My friend From Msn
  8. BrokenPieces

BrokenPieces Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum...

Love BP
  9. GhostOfYou

GhostOfYou Well-Known Member

I had the same question.
    All I did was talk to my doctor and she gave my mom a number of some state mentle health place, and recomended me to them or something.
    There's one easy way to go about things.
  10. Dave303

Dave303 Well-Known Member

HI Teo, I think your problem is easily treatable. This is in no way something that U should feel suicidal about. U just need to talk with a professional. They have helped thousands of patients such as yourself. Please do not consider suicide even for a second!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.