Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Sapphyree, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapphyree

Sapphyree Member

Hi, my name is Nikki and I will be 23 in a few days. I have been suffering from depression for about 10 years. I have been off of my medication for 3 years, and it hasn't been pleasant. The past month or two has been really hard for me. I joined SF to be able to talk about what I am going through, because I don't have anyone to talk to. I try to talk to my boyfriend about it, and he wants to help, but he just doesn't understand.

2. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Hi Nikki, and welcome. I personally find talking about my problems to be much more therapeutic than medication... but that's just me. I don't want to discourage anyone from taking medication if it helps them. I think I can relate to not being able to talk to others who don't understand... I have a hard time getting close to people who can't relate to what I've dealt with in life. We all have different problems that brought us here, but I think we can all relate to being in so much pain that we want to die. I've dealt with that for over 20 years myself, so you're not alone. I'm sorry no one was able to respond to your post when you were online, but hopefully you will return to the site eventually. This is a friendly place and a lot of people have found help here, myself included. There are still caring people in the world who understand and who won't judge you.

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Nikki.. Welcome. Lots of ppl here that really have suffered from severe depression..lord help us, we do understand and never going to tell you to just get over it.. Look around some here..Jim

4. Sapphyree

Sapphyree Member

Thank you. Just knowing there are people i can talk to makes me feel better. I hate feeling like i want to die because i cant do it. Mo matter what i have to keep reminding myself that it would hurt the people around me far too much. I have to tell myself that every five minutes. I pray tgst i wont give in to my urges to just end it.

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Nikki, each to their own always but got ask you why have you been off your meds for couple yyears??? My antidepressants and antipsychotics help me Very much so wondering about this now for you.. TC, jim

6. Sapphyree

Sapphyree Member

I moved out of state, and I lost the insurance that payed for it. I am trying to get some type of assistance program, but I can't find anything. I am in Texas, so if you know of anything please let me know.

7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

losing your insurance is really very rough for sure.. state assistance for you first.. that might get you some basic support for day to day living and some health care.. depending upon how disabled you are maybe federal medicaid.. that is done thru state with the cooperation of the federal programs.. realize you are only 23 now but if you have any job history then maybe social security disablity program..

Texas is sort of a red state which means they make it very tough to get the assistance of any of the above programs.. there are about 30.000 total membership on this forum.. about 3000 active memmbers now.. you might post in the soap box and depression forums about you current state of affairs and see if you get any wothwhile information and ideas..

tween 1990 adn 96 i was where you are now.. broke, no support with health care and anything else.. i got some help finally and got on SSA disablity first try.. this helped a ton .. Nikki just maybe the same can happen for you..

8. Zardo

Zardo Banned Member

Welcome Sapphyree, I hope you find this place of help and also can get back on meds somehow. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.