hidden scar

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Volcom23, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volcom23

Volcom23 Member

Since first year college, I always have bangs to hide my facial depressed scar in my forehead. I thought it is just small but am a kind of perfectionist and usually distracted when looking in front of the mirror(because of that scar). Now, I'm on my third year and gained many friends (also gained good scholastic reputation in school) and still my hairstyle didn't change. The problem now is some of my friends always tease me about my bangs. Thus, since that time I got very anxious. I don't know what to do. I tried to have a new hairstyle and show the scar but really can't. No matter how courage I take, I really can't. It is like killing myself when I show it. The scar is very visible and absolutely distracting. I'm now very depressed. I thought the scar and hairstyle would not bring problems to me. But here I am now facing this fear. Eventhough, I thought that my friends did already noticed the scar-- but still I don't have the courage to have a new hairstyle. Until now, I'm depressed and it is really affecting my performance in school. Help me, I need help. I feel like I'm dying.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Were we all perfect...no matter how grave the scar, the emotional and social meaning you have placed upon it seems more scarring...if you wish to keep the bangs, do so knowing this is your choice, and when someone attempts to have you change your hairstyle, and s/he is an intimate friend, why not tell them the reason? Who else can we trust with our scars then our dear friends??? big hugs, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.