*hides the bottle and pills* =s

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Eire, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eire

Eire Member

Hello all, basically I'm here to say, I was on the drugs and bottle daily, but then I quite (lessened) after finding something that would change the rest of my life. I know this sounds redundant...I can remember what I would think if someone tried saying something like this to me when I was at the level where I just could not for the life of me even want to go on. Trust me...those memories are very strong. I'm adding the rest in the next post so a long first post dosn't chase people away.

2. Eire

Eire Member

I'm not here to preach of how some "devine" thing intervined in my life...no...becuase to be honest I don't believe in that one bit. But I did find something that would change the rest of my life, a small book called the Dhammapada. I didn't even know what religion it was until later. It was Buddhism however and I started to read more and moer about Buddhism...the best yet I think was a small book by a man named Chris Prentiss...called "Zen and the Art of Happiness", he actually owns a rehab facility up in California...he wasn't a psychologist or anything but for 10 years he struggled to help his son off Heroin and other drugs, the drug my cousin ODed on and other one has beenin the pent over 3 times for.

I want to help anyone out there interested in seeking some way...out...please if you want help email me at amanda_jwc@hotmail.co.uk or message me. I'm here to listen...I only want to help people now, please let me try to help. And the only reason I didn't commit suercide or try a second time was because I learned from that, it's selfish...to everyone else in your life and community, no matter how messed up your life seems, you have to keep on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.