Hiding behind myself.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kobosis, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Kobosis

Kobosis Member

Hey guys,

This is kind of my first post on here.

So let me just let it all out and hope for some feed back.

Am i a bad person for lieing to all of my friends and family about self harming,
    Many times i have had to where a jumper or just say not to a night out just out of fear that they will see it,

I just feel that they will find out and i won't have anyone,
    i don't know what to do or how to feel,

Thanks for reading,

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Friends and family are probably the people that you should turn to if you're self harming yourself. They may be the ones best suited to stand by you while you seek out a solution that will allow you to stop. If friends do not stick by you after knowing that you are being sincere and seeking help, then they were not worth having on your friend list anyways. The main thing right now is for you to get some assistance in determining the root cause of your issues and then seeking solutions so that you don't self harm. You might also seek out peer support by way of NAMI, or a similar organization. Good luck to you.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That doesn't make you a bad person. But perhaps opening up to the person you most trust will help. You do not have to deal with this alone Conor. There is a lot of help out there, but I believe you have to want to help yourself. And if you do, then go out and reach out for you. You made a big step by talking to us here. :)
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You tell them hun ok you reach out for help now The will not leave you hun they will get you support you need to heal hugs