Hiding cuts. Please help.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by lil-sis-one-of-two, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lil-sis-one-of-two

lil-sis-one-of-two Well-Known Member

I have cuts on the top of my leg that I did yesterday, so they are still fresh and very sore.

I am meeting my 'kind ov' boyfriends tonigh and I dont want him to know about it.

Does anyone know a way I can mask the cuts, I am a bit scared to cover them up with makeup or anything as they are still fresh open cuts.

Any help will be gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance
    Ebbie

Xxx

2. netsirk

netsirk Active Member

If they aren't real bad or long a simple band aid would do. I would stay away from make up as it could lead to infection. There is also liquid band aid that help hold teh cuts together without a noticable band aid on to draw attention to them.

3. lil-sis-one-of-two

I am not sure I will get a bandaid big enough without drawing attentiont it.

Its on a big part of my leg, I got a bit carried away last night, I had a very bad night.

I dont want him to judge me because of the cuts.

4. netsirk

netsirk Active Member

I've had nights like that too. I'm so sorry. Is there a way you can wear a skirt or long pants or something like that where they won't be seen?

You can pm me if you want to talk more one on one with me. I'll get back to you if not right away as soon as I can.

I cut myself also so I know what you are saying about trying to hide them.

5. whynotme?

whynotme? Well-Known Member

there is no way of hiding them if you are planning on being "intimate", but, my advice if you are planning on being "intimate" then you should not be ashamed? just a thought
    xxx

good luck sweet heart

xxx

6. lil-sis-one-of-two

I am not really ashamed but I am sure you know as well as I do that peole that are not in the situation we are do not understand self Injury.

I am scared he will judge me if he sees them.

You are right I should just let him take me as I am, cuts and all.

Xxx

7. whynotme?

whynotme? Well-Known Member

you would be surprised how many people will just take it in their stride. i didn't think my boyfriend would understand but he is really good about it and just says it doesn't matter because that is just who i am.

rspect yourself enough to expect respect from other people and know that if it doesn't come then you are worth more.

let me know how it goes, pm me if you like - i've been in your position many times before

xxx

8. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

I agree, unless you are planning on having sex wear pants or a long skirt. And if you are close enough to have sex, then you should trust each other and he should accept you for you. If he can't do that theres no reason to be with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.