hiding cuts while at home?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by malekv, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malekv

malekv New Member

my parents know i cut so every now and then they walk past and stare at my wrists to see if there are new cuts.
    i just cut heaps of times on both sides of my wrists, and i want to hide the cuts while at home, when im wearing trackies or pjs and i cant hide my wrists with my clothes.
    how do i hide the cuts?
    i cant use bracelets etc because im at home...
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you don't need to hide them from yur parents they will help you and hopefully understand. Keep them clean apply antibiotic on them if need be and wrap them with clean cloth if need be Be open with your parents and get the help you need to stop okay take care:hugtackles:
  3. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

First I would suggest not cutting at all.

Second, I hate to encourage cutting of any kind, but if you must cut elsewhere, possibly an area not noticed or better concealed.
  4. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

Why do you cut?
    If you allow your parents to know they would only try and help you. I know how you feel I do the same alot of the time. I suggest not cutting at all, but I agree with the 2 above posts. You could hide them with slag bands there like bracelets but you can were them all home and out doors.
  5. confused.com

confused.com Member

I'm not in any way suggesting that you should be cutting, but on the odd occasion I do I cover it in concealer or foundation and no one can tell. Although to be fair, no one's looking.
  6. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

I can't say don't cut, cause I would be a hypocrite, since I'm in the similar position. But if your parents know...they should help you, why aren't they? The whole idea of them just checking up, without "curing the cause of the cutting" is a bit weird.
  7. Redink

Redink Member

I use a watch. It is easy to hide them for me, because I started underneath the watch strap.
  8. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

Sweatbands or armwarmers.
  9. Sorry to pick on you here and I don't mean this in a horrible way but I really wouldn't suggest this if the cuts are new/still healing - putting stuff over and in them can lead to some horrible infections.
  10. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

I agree, I think you should wrap them in bandages then get a long armed sleeve over it is winter how about a cardigan?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.