hiding during driving lessons

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by MourningAngel, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

so i've got this problem:
    i've got driving lessons on friday and i SHed two days ago, so the cuts are visable when my sleeve slides down even the tiniest bit... i didn't think of that at the time...
    the problem is that all of my clothes have an average arm lenth which was fine before, i just had to look out a bit and refrain from using my left arm...
    but i noticed that when i'm driving my sleeves, not matter how long, always slide down, as in they reveal some of my lower arms so the cuts will be obvious. my driving teacher sits on the right side of the car and thus can see my left arm clearly whenever he looks over
    what should i do? i don't want him to know what i do...
    i don't know what to do now, i just know i can't stop SHing or move to another area, i tried that... i just can't manage to do that
    buying new long clothes isn't an option either, i haven't got enough money and i can't ask my parents because they think i stopped and my conscience would kill me if i took their money for my messed up problems
    anyone had this problem, too? what do you do?
    any ideas are very welcome
    thx

2. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I have had many occasions where my cuts and scars could not be fully covered by the clothing I was wearing at the time.
    What I would do is nothing, I would go about my day and act as there was nothing wrong and I know for a fact people saw my self harm but they did say a single word.

Also if needed you can always if confronted about your self injury lie about what happened.

3. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I think it's unlikely that your instructor would mention it, but I would want to hide it too. How cold is it there? Cold enough for gloves yet? If not, perhaps wear those sweat band things, or a bandage and say you sprained your wrist if asked? Failing that, if a normal plaster/band aid will cover it, do that.

Mim

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Tensor bandages. Not uncommon on wrists.

5. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

Sweatbands. Like, a black one with a band on or something. Or a sports one.

Just a fashion accessory.

6. Truth

Truth New Member

This is pretty much what i do as well. Don't worry so much about other people. If your confident and dont make a big deal about it they too wont make a big deal about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.