Hiding it

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Smashed-Up-Sanity, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smashed-Up-Sanity

Smashed-Up-Sanity Well-Known Member

Its summer in Australia...
    and Im strugeling to hide it.
    I generally dont do it in visible places, but Some are
    and I really dont want people to question me

Does anyone else have this problem?

2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I do quite alot. Right now it's winter, so it's not so bad. But ive taken to cutting on my legs, cos iv tattoed my arms, so when i wear pajama shorts, i have to go to incredible lengths to keep my mom seeing.
    Have you tried covering the cuts with foundation ? Sometimes that can help. :hug:
    Sorry if this wasn't much help.

3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Yep. I'm idiotic and I cut my arms, so, long sleeve shirts daily it is. It's technically winter here, but it's still 70F outside, so it's ridiculously hot. But depending on how many you have, you could try wristbands or something?

4. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

That's difficult. I have the same problem. I have generally cut in places that aren't visible, but I have a huge one on my arm. I wear long sleeves always. But I know I'll have to face the reality one day, and maybe just let it show.

5. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

i would have thought most self harmers have this trouble at some point...
    i've never been a fan of the foundation technique because i'm quite pale but if you're tanned then it usually works quite well... apart from if you go swimming etc.
    i know when it's hot and people ask why you're wearing long sleeved tops it gets awkward but maybe just stock up on them and say you don't have any others.
    another thing which i just found out is, if they're scars as opposed to recent cuts, you can used elastoplast scar reducing patches. i don't know if they're available in ausralia but i assume so - and they apparently work really well. however they do take a while to take effect.

stay safe x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.