Hiding/quickly healing scars

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by belletone, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belletone

belletone Active Member

Hi All,

Tried to kill myself by slitting my wrists with a razor from a shaving razor. Couldn't make the cuts deep enough after multiple tries, so I gave up, thus I'm still here with you all.

Anyway, I now have some very visible scars on both of my wrists, and they don't look like something I could blame on anything else. Luckily its winter, but I really need to find a way to make them heal quickly and hide them in the meantime. I'm going to be sharing a room with my mom in about a month, and I really don't want to tell her (last time I told her about cutting she seemed really heartbroken).

Any suggestions for hiding and quickly healing scars? I've been applying this alba body cream on an almost hourly basis, and was wondering if that was overdoing it. I've done some research online and on this site, but none of the materials have said how frequent is too frequent in terms of application.

Also, its a day after the incident, and I feel really paranoid about someone seeing the scars, so I'm always tugging the sleeves of my sweatshirt up. Any suggestion for relieving some of the anxiety?

Thanks for your advice.
  2. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

For your scars try some vitamin E oil it's a slow process but it will help fade scars a bit faster.
    As for hiding your scars I would recommend wearing a shirt with a bit longer sleeve on it.
  3. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

well, I tried this, as well as a few other members... While the scabs are still there, start a toothpaste regimine. Every night before bed, rub white toothpaste on the scabs and continue nightly as they heal. If you'd like, put guaze or a light wrapping over them so you don't have toothpaste everywhere in the morning. Promise it works. And as humor added: you'l be minty fresh :D
  4. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

You don't really want to be rubbing in a body cream onto fresh wounds. Something like sudocrem works quite well for healing wounds, clean wound then apply tryng not to get it in to the fleshy part of the wound just around the edges and rub in. Clean and apply morning and night should help its healing.
    Is the wound pulling open? If so then go down to a chemist and buy some butterfly sutchers they work very well at closing the wound. The more closed the wound the smaller the scar will be. Sorry i do not know anything that fades scars quicker.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
  5. loli104

loli104 Banned Member

I work in this field, what your body needs to heal is moisture, vitamin A and Vitamin E, dont waste your money with expensive creams, all this can be found in Olive and Avocado OIL from the food store. Get the extra virgin kind! and mix them on a one to one basis.

Keep the scars moist with this oil (sticky) during the day and at night use silicone strips from the chemist.

That will give your body the BEST chance at healing.

Best of luck!
  6. oval

oval Well-Known Member

does this also work if your scars have aready healed up and have been there for a while? if not is there anything that will make them go away or at least fade a bit?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.