Hiding the scars

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by I-Died-In-My-Dream, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

So yeah, it's summer now and I can't think of a way to hide my scars. All my friends wear short sleeve shirts and tell me to do so too but I can't.

If anyone has any ideas about how I can hide the scars please post them here.

I haven't cut for like 2 months. I knew I would regret it someday but i just didn't care at the time.

I wish I could just tell the whole school that I used to cut so I can wear whatever I want -_-'

The temperature is rising so I can't keep wearing my school jumper.

I've thought about wrist bands but they're not long enough you see. :sad:
  2. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

Just tell them you have a little heroin problem.

When they're looking nice and shocked, then give them the big let-down: "Just kidding. I like to practice surgery on myself."
  3. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I can see that like a movie in my head :p
  4. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

I said to someone the other day... I had a shocking incident with a potato peeler, I opened the kitchen drawer and it jumped out on me and attacked me, I tried and tried, battling with it to try and shake it off, but it wouldn't stop, in the end I just had to dial the emergency services. It was really freaky, perhaps it'll be reported in the news! :biggrin:

Sorry if you are offended by my homour, sometimes making light of something helps to dismiss stigmatising views from others, and of course keep one's spirits up! :smile:

Of course, I regret the event, but I cannot change what is done - so there's no point getting in a tis was about it.

5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

That's actually quite witty, thanks, ned. :laugh:
  6. I-Died-In-My-Dream

lol =P
  7. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I suppose while you are still at School people will ask questions, as you get older people wont ask as they already have an idea of what has happened. I have a really big scar on my arm from where I cut it a few months back. doesn't help that I have another from an operation on the front of my arm so they are pretty messed up. The little scars I blamed on my cat from scratching me.

I hide it from my family but my bf knows what has happened. I think I am going to have to say I had a mole removal or something.

Maybe you could wear long sleeve cotton shirts and jst say that you dont like your arms... or that you dont wanna get burnt etc.

8. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Yeah you could lie about how you got the scars if it is possible, saves a lot of questions too. You could also apply a good foundation that will at least fade the scars, if not cover them completely, so they are not as clear. You could bandage the area if possible and say you fell or sprained your wrist (the bandage could go up your arm a little). Here's a thread that offers more ideas - Click.

Or, if you feel brave enough, you could tell them the truth - or not say anything until they mention something. If they're good friends, hopefully they would not judge or think negatively of you.

Good luck. :hug:

POINTLESSWORDS Active Member

You could try using a light layer of make up like concealer and foundation or stage make up.using arm sleeves.these are probably stupid things but i am just trying to give a real damn answer bevause so many times "pepole" and these devils around here have not given me answers and just dropped my question! I have tried these options and they work ok
  10. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Moisturiser will help the scars to fade a little. Nothing expensive, baby oil and lotion is fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.