high for ever

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Auerbach, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

I think I need help coming off pot :(

2. Auerbach

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Auerbach. Realizing we need some help is often the first step. It takes a ton of courage to say that! ((hug)) Are there any rehab groups in your area? Do you have a family doctor who could recommend/refer you to a program? (Some are state-sponsored - maybe ask about that?)

Please keep us posted on what steps you take. All the very best to you as you start this part of your journey!

4. SinSentido

SinSentido Member

It's not a good time, Auerbach. I'm on day 3 and I hate everything. My head hurts, my appetite is nearly gone and life sucks more than it otherwise would.

I only stopped for court (long story posted in Relationships), so idk if I'll stick it out. In fact, it's highly unlikely.

Just not blazing now because some lows can't be escaped from with chemical highs. I'm too depressed to risk drinking or smoking right now.

2 people like this.
  5. Auerbach

Good luck sinsentido, que lo logras. Today is supposed to be my last day...

6. Deety

Deety Well-Known Member

Good luck to both of you, Sinsento I hope you can keep going and Auerbach it's great you have a date to stop.

7. Gergin

Gergin Well-Known Member

Pot is an amazing thing. It's all natural. I don't know way it isn't legal in every state. But I support your desicion to stop. Good luck.

8. quirkyalias

quirkyalias Member

Sorry to dig up an old thread with a small novel, but i thought i'd share this one too. While many see pot as harmless it can and often does become an unhealthy behavior pattern. this is the biggest problem surrounding the drug in my opinion, but here isn't the place to go into that.

simply put your drug dealer does not deserve the money you give them. they might be the nicest, maybe even genuinely friendly people you know, but they are criminals and you are ill. whether they know it or not, they are feeding off all the horrible aspects of society. you could argue that the problem lies with my lack of self control, but i'm guessing we all agree that lack of self control is a symptom. a pub landlord is legally and morally obliged to prevent abuse, your drug dealer isn't and is likely blind to the effect he or she is having on society.

i know how it is, i'm not exactly in a position to get all high and mighty. it seems sometimes like my dealers are the only reliable people in my phonebook. it's just too easy, i go to town, the sheer amount of people puts me in a state of fear, public services fail me and dealing with underpaid staff who rightly don't give a c*** leaves me feeling worthless. so i send a text and within the hour i'm high, without fail. at my lowest he gets £100 a week off me. in turn i'm enabling his alcohol and cocaine abuse.

they don't deserve it. they're taking advantage of us and we need to find strength to stop them. my mums struggling with the rent. somebody i care about has just had the financial rug whipped from underneath him. i'd look amazing in those jeans. i only own one stratocaster. i want to prioritise those issues.

the floods get most of the credit for my current abstinence. i'm just glad i'm not addicted to heroin right now.

2 people like this.
  9. OnceRob

OnceRob Active Member

Hi quirkyalias, amazing that so often I see things that remind me of Ecclesiastes 1.9 , there is nothing new under the sun. The guy I used to score off was such a great guy in my opinion I actually used to see meeting him as a positive side of using up my stash, I can still remember the massive brick of a mobile phone he had. Looking back I think he was just as much a victim of society that I was, yeah he was slingin ball but he was like me. Came from nowhere and was going nowhere and nobody gave a crap except the Police who busted him.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
  10. quirkyalias

quirkyalias Member

brilliantly put, and ads a bit of balance to my maybe-a-little-harsh take on things :embarrassed vitriol smiley:

it sounds like you've put that behind you so that's good news if you have. 'scuse me while i read that bit of the bible :)

11. Auerbach

Not to change the subject from my original post, but I am still getting high. I wish I could be high off pot foreverrrrr.

12. OnceRob

OnceRob Active Member

The question is how much of an issue is it for you, does it really hurt. Only you know.

13. sofie

sofie Banned Member

I completely relate - pot is my anti-anxiety and stress reliever and I use WAY too much. I stopped for eight weeks, cold, and ended up cutting and messing up my life....is pot worse? I don't know. If it were legal, I would not think twice about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.