high off cold medicine?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by blackfire, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

has anyone here ver done this. is it the same as getting high off weed. i am drinking gin and surfing sf. this is what my life has came down to.

2. NothingThereAllAlong

NothingThereAllAlong Active Member

No, but I have knowledge about it. I’m kind of curious too, honestly. You aren’t the only one.

3. austinhp78

austinhp78 Well-Known Member

its called dxm and ive done it once but i was high also at the time so i dont know what it alone feels like but i can say it was quite entertaining. walking is really weird and at times it can feel as if the world is tilting. :blink: be careful with it cause it can be dangerous at high doses.

4. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i always thought this was an urban legend sort of thing.

just like getting high off banana and peanut skins, and nutmeg grindings.

5. austinhp78

austinhp78 Well-Known Member

nope :tongue:. the drug is called dextromethorphan. the one thing you should make sure of before using it is that whatever the medicine you are using is, make sure the ONLY ingrediant in it is dextromethorphan. if there are some other things in with it, the large amounts of it that you take in can make you puke and make it unpleasent. other than that theres not much you have to worry about. i havnt experienced it, but supposedly if taken in high enough doses, you can start halluciniting... in a good way. its not like lsd or mushrooms in the way that with lsd, you hallucinate but you think their real, but with this, you hallucinate, but you are aware that it isnt real so its less frightening and also you have more control.and the hallucinations are not nearly as strong as the ones that come with lsd or shrooms.

6. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

There are all kinds of antihistamines that will get you high. They put them in cold medicines because some dry up the sinuses. I am currently on some generic cold/flu medicine because I'm sick but the dyloxamine in it is excellent for sedative purposes.

7. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

Hello-the one's that get you high are kept behind the counter, and you have to sign your name to get them, as they're used to make meth. Does anyone here read the news?

8. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

dextromethorphan known as DXM, is the cough suppressant most recreational users use cough medicine for, it is known as a "dissacociative psychadelic". Recreational users call the levels of the high "plateaus" there are 4 plateaus 1st being the least intense and 4th being the most intense. I have used it twice. If you are using it, make sure whatever you take only contains dextromethorphan as most cold medicine contains other nasties like paracetamol (acetaminophen in the US) which can be really dangerous at high doses, as can dextromethorphan. If you are using it, please research it online first, I'm not going to go too in depth on the subject as I don't want to be seen on here as "promoting drug use", but there is a site called erowid which gives unbiased infomation on many substances, read up on it.

Hope this helped.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2008
  9. PainEngulfsMe

PainEngulfsMe Active Member

i dont know if this is common everywhere, but in highschool everyone just did tripple C's, corcidins cold n cough, i did em once, took 6 and i thought i was being possessed by the devil. My eyes were having REM , shaking, moving back n forth, rolling backwards, pupil took up my entire eye.

I like took em, and went to bed, just had crazy closed eye visuals, and every time i got up to piss, 3 times in 2 hours, my eyes were crazy, and i was terrified looking in the mirror.

10. Dying embers

Dying embers Well-Known Member

I take the antihistamine actifed (4 at a time tops), and I love it! It surpresses the little voice at the back of my head going "why? why? why?" all the time, I can enjoy simple sensual things again, I feel sensitive to things like wind and heat, and I get this sense of peace and perfect stillness, almost like I'm in a vivid memory. When things happen that would annoy me usually, the freshness of not getting the usual corrosive hate-filled feeling I'm so bitterly accustomed with is just incredible. Also, the fact I'm less stressed makes me mentally sharper, and more open to adventure and creativity.

And taking it before going to sleep, man, I didn't know the meaning of the word rest until I got my acti's, it's just so refreshing.

Get mild hallucinations, but like has been said, they're not distressing. You know they're fake. Mine usually come from objects blurring together just after a light goes off or on or when I open my eyes or something, so it feels like I'm assembling the haqllucination myself, and it's so fun and in a way, profound!

Haven't had a cold in ages either! :tongue:

Helped me way more than any anti-d. I can't believe how good they are for me. The only downside is that they're not so effective when I'm at my worst state, though they're still pretty good even then and I can always sleep when I want to with my actis, so it's an escape at least. The amount of times they've saved me from missing important classes/tests cos of my messed up sleeping patterns.

Actifed FTW! :biggrin:

11. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

it is possible. one of the ingrediants in some cold meds is a main ingredient in meth. i wouldnt recommend it. it can make a person very sick

12. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

All drugs are related in name, Therefore; Dextromethorphan. Chemically, it's structure and mechanism of action are similar, not the same.

When I didn't have access to DXM amounts above the third plateau, I normally use Dipenhydramine HCL or Dramamine (Basically the same) and Diphenhydramine is linked to heroin in some sort of way? I know they both work differently, but whatever. DPH is less pleasent than DXM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.