High School Boys

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by spike_angel92106, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ugh!!!
    ...... I don't understand my boyfriend at all
    He's so confusing
    One minute he doesn't want to be around me
    The next...
    ... He wants to try and do stuff at school
    Am I doing anything wrong?
    I sometimes feel like all he wants from me is to mess around
    .....but.....
    He swears he's not like my ex
    He's kinda starting to act like him
    What should I tell him?
    Someone help, please?

2. thebrain

thebrain Well-Known Member

If you feel that all he wants from you is to mess around, you should talk to him about it. He might lie to you, but you should be able to get a read on that. I had a boyfriend like that my senior year in high school and it was ridiculous. Made me feel horrible about myself. Take care of yourself, not him.

3. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Guys in the age range of 14-20 are, by and large, driven by sex/the social scene they are a part of, and are fucking stupid.

There are of course stupid guys beyond that age, but in my experience the age of 20 is when a good percentage of them will pull their heads out of their asses.

4. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Really, sex should not be wasted on teens.
    I'd think that if you are feeling like you're being used, you probably are. I don't want to start a fire, but there is one way to find out...
    Sweetie I remember when i felt that I was no one without a bf in tow, but it will change as you get through these years.
    kD

5. Thanks for the advice.
    It means alot.
    I do sometimes feel like I'm being used, but then other times, he's the most sweetest, romantic guy ever.
    But thank you for what you three have said

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2008
  6. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

If you're feeling used then there's something not right. You shouldn't be feeling used, I suggest you speak to your boyfriend about how you're feeling, it'll help you decide what route to take next. It may make you more secure too, because right now, it's just eating you up. It's best to know where you stand.

7. Perishable

Perishable Well-Known Member

Let him know what you want out of the relationship...
    Talk to him :phone:
    about what you want. :marriage::rose:

8. Okay, now my boyfriend is being so weird. He's being all nice to me during the day, but at night, when we are on the phone, he barely wants to talk.

When I ask him to talk just a little bit longer, he yells at me, practically telling me that he talks to me too much during the day. Through out the day, on the phone, he only talks to me about 1.5 hours. We used to talk like 4-5 hours a day, now all of a sudden he's changed. HELP! What do I do?

I told him that if I bug him I'll leave him alone, and last night we got into a fight because he wasn't really talking to me on the phone, and then he decided that last night was our last phone call, because "I'm controlling him to stay on the phone". :phone:

How can you control someone over the phone?

He tries to control me everyday, and I put up with it, because I'm scared that I might lose him or get hit.

I know that's stupid, but what can I really do?

I'm so in love with him, that I'd rather be with him, and be treated so badly, then not be with him and be super happy and finding a better guy.

UGH! This sucks so bad.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME AND TELL WHAT I'M DOING WRONG :(

He tells me that he loves me and wants to marry me one day :marriage:, but I'm not quite sure I can put up with him for so long :sad:

I think I might just actually tell him that we need a break, it's been almost 2 years, and I love him to death, but this is so hard.

:please: help!!

9. Lead Savior

You shouldn't be worried about getting hit by someone you love.

And, no offense meant at all (because I would be offending a significant percentage of women, I'm afraid) but this:

is the most patently absurd and ridiculous statement I have ever heard in my life. If you want a short answer to "what you are doing wrong", I would say it is the attitude of all-or-nothing attachment displayed in the above quote.

You don't have to stick with one person, certainly not when they are potentially abusive and controlling.

10. I know, but today at lunch, he made it perfectly clear pretty much what he wanted. So, I think him and I are over. :( Oh well. Looks better for me :)

11. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I hope that your break-up works out for the best. But I must say that in general, guys do not like to talk on the phone for an extended period of time. I mean, 4-5 hours??? That's fine when you are just getting to know someone, but you've been together for 2 years. What could you possibly have to say that takes 5 hours, especially when you see him during the day. And yeah, I can see how he might feel controlled when you get upset that he only wants to talk for 1.5 hours. That is still a pretty long time and he probably has other things he wants to do, like hang out with friends or go somewhere. That doesn't mean he doesn't care about you, just that he doesn't like to talk on the phone for 5 hours.

That being said, I think it's probably for the best that you broke up considering that you feel controlled and afraid.

12. Lead Savior

Good for you

13. I take offense to this post. I use to spend 6 to 8 hours almost every day for nearly four months, talking on the phone with my ex-girlfriend last summer. If you love someone enough, you can always find something to talk about.

14. Esmeralda

Like I said, when you are getting to know someone, talking on the phone for several hours is another thing altogether (and btw, 3-4 months IS the "getting-to-know-you" stage). Once you have been in a relationship for a long time, it simply is not necessary to spend every waking hour talking to that person and that has nothing to do with "if you love someone enough"...

15. Alot of breakups occur when distance sets in. Communication is a vital aspect in a relationship.

16. Esmeralda

That's true, but so is a healthy balance to your life. If someone is spending 5-8 hours per day on the phone, then something else in their life is going to suffer which will in turn hurt the relationship. Also, sometimes it's nice to give someone the chance to miss you and to miss hearing from you. It makes it that much more special and meaningful when you DO get a chance to talk.

17. How is it that something else in their life will suffer? Besides, a relationship is one of the most important aspects of life.

18. Esmeralda

Of course relationships are vital, but we do not live in a bubble. Sure, I could spend every single hour of every single day with my husband, but then, I would have to quit my job and he would have to quit his and we would be homeless on the street together. Not exactly a recipe for a great relationship. Also, some of the best conversations we have are about our day and about the experiences we have when we can't be together. When you enrich the rest of your life, you also enrich your relationship.

19. Things have totally changed with my boyfriend.
    He is actually being nice.
    Holding on to me for a long when we have to go to class. :hug:
    If he doesn't some thing wrong (even if it is like super little) he apologizes with in like 2 seconds of him doing it.
    He's holding doors open for me.
    Kissing me nicely. :lips:
    And not touching me in any bad way.
    He's also listening to me when I say no.
    He's playing me songs on his guitar. :serenade:
    I think I'm starting to like the change.

20. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

I'm think you should still stand your ground about how your relationship is going, if it goes back to how it was before you should talk to him and make sure you agree on what you want, even if its going well you should understand him to a safe degree and not have to fear him or leave personal things like intimacy up to chance. If things go bad it's definitely not your fault - he obviously likes you and I read how much you love him and try to get along, its just some people have trouble keeping healthy relationship. And maybe stuff goes on in his life that he doesn't share - maybe stuff you should know about. Good luck you both, keep a level head and be strong.