High School

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kinetic, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Kinetic

Kinetic Well-Known Member

yap another tiny rant about high school and about how it's just one fucking beauty and popularity contest after another
    seroiusly i try so hard to not care about what people think of me
    I'm so tired of double-thinking my decisions or every tiny little step i take or the clothes i wear or what i say ugh I'm so tired of it!!!!!

I get lost and feel so empty when I'm trying to please everyone, I'm slowly erasing myself and it kinda hurts :sad:

Thanfully i've heard great things about university :dry:
  2. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

You will eventually erase yourself if you do things for the approval of other people, it took me until junior year I believe to genuinely stop caring and detach myself from others.

Universities are indeed good stuff. Take all of those people who happily run in popularity/beauty races in high school, then dump them into rooms of 250-500 people who don't care and watch them wither. It really is a wonderful thing, I have seen it first-hand.
  3. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

i know exactly what you mean.

i have gone from prep
    to goth girl
    to emo kid
    to scene kid
    to now...whatever i am.

i mean, i am class president and a cheerleader...but still labeled as a scene kid or an emo kid it makes no sense.

last year was when i decided not to let others rule my life and i still care about what others think, but then i realize that those people who are judging me dont really matter because most of them i dont really care about lol

highschool is not what we'll "look back on and remember fondly" but just stay true to yourself and try not to take everyone else's opinion over your own.
    PM me any time if you need to talk, i have aim and msn as well as a myspace and livejournal...and an email addy lol i am here to listen and talk if you want me to be :smile: :hug:
    take care
  4. Kinetic

Kinetic Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply guys :hug:
    What really keeps me going is the fact that I'll be going to uni this year :)
  5. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

highschool is dumb.
    i cant wait to get outta there.andd thankgod,it's my last year.

and personally.i've never followed a single trend of high school cliques. im like a hippie.hahaha,i wear alot of tye dye.and im just a sweatshirt and jeans girl.i could care less about "looking pretty"... but that's just me.

andd i hope you like the university life when you get there:D

much love and stay strong<3
  6. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I hate to break it to you but high school is just like the real world. People will always categorize you based on looks, personality, popularity, what you wear, etc. It gets less caddy but it's still there. When you go for a job interview people will judge you based on looks, etc. You basically just need to realize that you are better than them for not being a judgemental jack ass (sorry, bit blunt). You just have to ignore the negativity of the world and try(and i know it's hard) not to let it bother you so much. :hug:
  7. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Hey kids.

You know what? I'm in my early 40s. So, yeah, I'm still a kid, but a much bigger kid. I been outta school for 25 years. And you know what? I still hate it.
  8. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

True. But at least in "the real world" you can tell people to piss off and just walk away from them without being forced back into hell.. er, I mean, school. And if you find yourself outnumbered by masses of idiots, you can leave the area and find somewhere where there are more intelligent life forms. You just can't do that in school unless your parents actually let you leave.