Hii everyone!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by ali-wali, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ali-wali

ali-wali Well-Known Member

Had a crap weekend, so decided to blow my money on abit of online bingo, won 300 squid! Made it abit better hehe :) How has your weekend been? Do anything for bonfire night? xxxxx

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

300 squid?! Will you be able to eat them all? :p

My weekend was shite. Here it's already Monday.

What is bonfire night for? Apart from bonfires...

3. ali-wali

im feeling lots of cheese and onion crisps, or a cage for my demon rat...
    And bonfire night is for pie and peas.. duh. I had a go at a sparkler was a bit boring. My childhood memories decieved my thoughts of them been 'fun'. xxx
    What have you done this weekend?

4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Demon rat cage sounds good :)

Sparklers are fun! :eek:hmy:

I didn't do much. Was in bed for most of it. Went to my bros yesterday for lunch and that was about it i think. Watched movies, skyped with mates. Yup.

5. ali-wali

Wth is skype? Ooo, I want to go visit my brother soon, he lives 300 miles away though! Darrn south hehe I wish I lived was near the seaside :(
    Been pestering my dad for ages but their soo stubborn lol xx

6. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Skype is a program that let's you talk to friends. But it's free.

So like if you and your brother got skype, you could talk and see each other through the computer.

Is he older?

7. ali-wali

Yeahh, I'm 18 and he's 20 in feb. He moved down to live with his girlfriend that he met over the internet, it's lasted 2 years though, his first girlfriend too! I have facebook so I talk to him on there anywayy, I think my mum bought me skype once y'know. Is it like a computer phone thing? And you get 2 phones with it?

8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

My weekend has been unproductive. One of those weekends where if I didn't have a good chance of encountering my middle-aged, female, largely unfamiliar housemate I wouldn't put on pants. Well, I didn't put on pants anyhow, just shorts despite the cold, keeping my legs below the covers for the most part (I'm bed-bound for the most part).

I didn't work on my essays. I didn't get that blood sample taken. I did shower!

I was hoping Elizabeth would come over but she's sick.

I don't have school tomorrow, but it would've only been for an hour anyhow, but I'm hoping to get my blood taken.

Yeah...

9. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Ali, that sounds like VOIP. Skype you just run through you PC.

Steffen i didn't wear pants most the weekend either! Luxury of living alone.

I thought you and Elizabeth were no longer?

10. ali-wali

Oh, well it was a few years ago. Don't feel that cool now haha, just won 250 more squids. What should I spend my money on? What would you buy with 550 quid?

11. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Hrm if i had that money i would put it towards art work for my house. But i'm geeky like that :p

12. ali-wali

Haha, I've been decorating my room for ages, my dad told me he'd give me 50 quid to paint it. I chose a wallpaper the other week and a picture of a VW campervan, green one! I want a real one soo bad. Anyway came home from work and dad had decorated my wholee room for me, I proper love my dad I do. And campervans. And bingo. Do you do any art yourself? I used to love drawing, I always ruined it when I painted them though.

13. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

We sorta made up but I'm still not thrilled with her but I think most of the whole incident was mania on my part leading to irrationality and irritation.

Ali, quit gambling while you're ahead -_-

If I had 550 quid I'd pay off my prescription drug debt on my credit card and spend the rest on groceries. Yay being poor! At least that'll end when I go home, at the cost of having a family again (I'm having nightly nightmares about my grandma...)

14. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Aww that was very sweet of your dad. My dad helped me renovate my whole house :)

I don't do any art myself. I draw like a 3 year old :laugh:

Hrmm well just take care of yourself :hug:

Agree on the quite gambling while you are ahead though!

15. ali-wali

Don't worry mannn I've already logged off the site and currently browsing for cd's clothes and demon cages to buy! I can't wait to have my own house, bet its right cool. I'd have to have blinds n curtains in every single window though unlike my mum and dads house we have none downstairs! Always feel like someones watching me, Once I ran that fast up the stairs I tripped over my own feet. Hopefully noone was watching me then! :eek:

16. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

:rofl: it was probably the one time someone was watching!

Definitely agree with CDs. And what about some books?

I don't have any curtains or blinds in my place. But i have security shutters to give me privacy until i do get some.

And yes, it's great having your own house.

17. ali-wali

Yeah I know probli laughing at my clumsyness, when my mum was younger she was talking to her friend in her kitchen and her mate goes to her 'don't look but someones watching us' And a crazy man was starring at them through the window! Strangely enough a few weeks later her friend got stabbed at her own front gate, her dad was working round the corner and he heard her screaming :( They suspected it to be the yorkshire ripper but never got any evidence of it! Some really bad things happen in this world. And since she told me that story I am obsessed with windows! What's your all time favourite song btw? I love listening to peoples favourite songs. Mines luther vandross - can heaven wait...

18. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I still look forward to the day I get a full, private place. Sharing makes much better sense at this point, though. Here I share a hallway and a bathroom but have my own kitchen (have to pass her room and the bathroom to get there, so there's the pants thing) and at the last place I had my own bathroom but the two kitchens were attached... Being as I'm often antisocial sharing anything can be a problem. In my current situation it's not too bad because she spends most of her time in the basement while I'm on the second floor.

I also look forward to the day when I can get an induction stove. I'm using electric here and it's awful, I was using gas at the last place and it wasn't bad, but induction stoves are far and away the best, and I'm an efficiency junky (also: lazy, so I don't want to spend forever cooking.) It heats about twice as fast (not corresponding to an overall halving in cooking time, unfortunately) and uses less energy in the process!

As for windows, there's one in my kitchen looking straight at the stove, and quite often there's people outside with cameras pointed at the side of the house with me in the shot! There's a giant mural on the wall and all the passers-by like to take pictures and more than a few have caught me shirtless (I'm sure they didn't complain *flex* ;))

19. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Bloody hell, stabbed! I can understand why you'd be scared of windows.

I would not be able to pick a favourite song of all time. Much too hard. There are too many.

Steffen i think with gas stoves you get more control over the heat though. Induction is good however. I have electric and it's ok so far.

I don't think i could ever live with anyone again after having been by myself. Only a partner.

20. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Gas and induction both give almost instantaneous control over the heat, so there's nothing lost there. One thing I did like about gas that I'll lose with induction is that it burns messes off; but I think all induction stoves are smoothtops and easy to clean anyhow.

And moving back in with my parents will be hell... I hope it's not a huge mistake. 1 year more time in university in grinding poverty here, or the agitation of family and lousy weather and distance to Elizabeth there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.