His Love

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Julia-C, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

They say he’s such a nice guy
    by the way he opens a car door,
    but they haven’t seen all the times
    his fists forced her to the floor.

Many have read his words on paper
    they talk endlessly about his kindness.
    She wishes they knew about his mask
    and how it leads them into blindness.

They hear all his loving words
    acting the way a father should.
    She feels his hands once so gentle
    leave bruises where no other could.

Her mom lived in sightless apathy
    unwilling to except the truth.
    Too afraid to open her eyes
    And see her daughters broken youth.

It rained the day his six foot journey
    led her to a future open to peace.
    Though her tears weren’t of despair
    their eyes still refused to see.

2. A.SoNiC.boY

A.SoNiC.boY Well-Known Member

Very powerful. :hug:

3. Louis03

Louis03 Well-Known Member

I would like to think being the abuser in a relationship with a female is something I would never do. But then I am alone and rather set in my ways so. If you don't have the chance to go wrong you definetly not gonna go wrong, right?

4. Julia-C

Thanks T.S.R.

Louis, you do realize it is about a father's physical and sexual abuse of his daughter. Not a B.F. G.F. or husband wife relationship. It's OK though. Also, if a person is an abuser or not an abuser is a choice.

5. Louis03

Louis03 Well-Known Member

Yeah, no, didn't get that. Sure it's a choice. There's no script to living life though and I guess I just think sometimes people can end up doing things that they never thought possible (talking about between husband and wife here) or get caught up in situations. Not everyone has the same emotional maturity or tools do deal with things in life, etc... Doesn't excuse them or take away responsibility but doesn't mean they are evil either... I mean some are but you know nobody's perfect, everyone has the capacity to go wrong sometimes in life. Don't get me wrong I think it's disgusting and pretty unforgivable to me abusive to anyone in any way, specially in a relationship because it's over an extended period.

6. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

it powerful. its such a reality though. i hope many will find release in these words, or understanding.

7. Julia-C

My intent when writing it was to let people, especially young women know that it's not their fault things like this happen. Sadly many do think it is, ether by their direct actions or for letting themselves trust. It is a terrible thing to have to deal with that kind of violation. I don't think getting over something like that is possible. People can only learn to except that it happened and it was a bastards fault, not theirs.

Thanks for your comment T.I.Y.S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.