Hitting my head

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Kairo, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kairo

Kairo Well-Known Member

I’ve been trying not to hurt myself lately, but when things get bad I find myself hitting my head against the wall. Sometimes it starts unconsciously, or sometimes I do it on purpose. I feel like I do it to keep my emotions from overflowing and stave off the urge to SH. But maybe it’s just as bad. I’ve hit my head so hard I’ve felt light headed a few times after.
    I don’t know how to stop. It doesn’t even help much, I usually end up SHing anyway.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya. What is happening when "things get bad"? Are you able to identify the triggers and precisely how you're feeling? If you want, share about that here. Or perhaps write a diary/journal about what has happened, how you feel, and what that means to you could help you slow down long enough to stop yourself from hurting yourself. (The idea is truly to slow yourself down and think about your feelings instead of physically acting out on them.) Some people also find vigorous exercise helps, or playing a musical instrument, or creating something artistic.

I'm sorry things get this hard for you. I hope they get better soon. :hug:

3. Kairo

Kairo Well-Known Member

I don’t know what’s going to trigger me all the time...sometimes it’s just all of the bad feelings that have built up over the day. Or when I think of my life and situation. But it’s very hard to avoid those thoughts, or distract myself from them.
    The things that helped me refrain from SH in the past don’t work very well anymore, mainly because things are worse. I did used to exercise a lot, and that helped, but I’m rather ill at the moment so it’s hard for me to gather the energy or willpower to do it.

I haven’t been trying very hard to stop SHing though...honestly. It sort of feels like it's the only thing I have right now.
    I seem to just end up replacing it with other forms of hurting myself anyway...

Thanks for your reply :)

4. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

I feel the same way sour. I really hope you can pull through buddy.

Stay safe and stay strong

5. Kairo

Kairo Well-Known Member

I hope you can too Sam :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.