Hitting the wall

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by elzol, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elzol

elzol New Member

Thought I was over this feeling. Started Zoloft and therapy. Today, it all came crashing in. Down to my last $300, no job prospects, and 1 more month on my apartment. Took two doses of my Zoloft within 3 hours and slowly began plotting my exit. Begun throwing things out and plan to write a letter to my sister, like instructions. Can't take this anymore. Tired of feeling like this year in and year out. It won't get better, I've been waiting and it never does. I'll be 40 at the end of this month and nothing has happened in my life but added misery.

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hey elzol,

Welcome to the forums. I've been on Zoloft too during therapy, just this past semester actually. Lately, I've been reading a lot and understand how frustrating the "things will get better, don't you worry" mentality can be. I wish you the best, and hope you stay safe... yet I worry too about the same happening to me in a few years. You're not alone; if you want to PM me, I'm here. Seeya around and hope to hear from you again... will keep an eye out for posts of yours. :hug:

All the best,

Alex

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You call your doctor okay you get some help for you YOur sister does not want to recieve such aletter hun Please know it does get better I lost my brother and he was 40 yrs old I miss him so much every day my heart aches please go to your doctor get on newer meds or increase the o nes you are on
    Do NOT fight this on your own okay please know things can get better. Talk to someone now okay

4. roscho

roscho Well-Known Member

Hi elzol,

I can't tell you how glad I am that you found the forums.

I really believe the forum saved my life a month ago, and I believe the forum helps a lot of people every day.

Your situation sounds grim, there is no soft way to put it.

I don't know where in the world you live - but I assume from $300 it must be Canada or USA.

Can you tell us more about your problem(s)? Many times there are ideas that others can provide that give help and hope.

I went through it for almost a decade before finally being down to about a weeks worth of money, sleeping in my car, and it all turned around. I started my new job today, and I'm very happy that I'm alive.

Talk to the forum, or feel free to private mail me also.

I'm 45, and know how a long time down on your luck can affect you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.