hitting

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Placebo Soul, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Placebo Soul

Placebo Soul Banned Member

Today I realized my dad's kinda passive aggressive. I was frustrated as hell, went to my bed, and...it looked kinda like seizure. crying, etc. Anyway, I hit my forehead very hard with my palm several times. It's blunt enough that I got away without scars, but I hit really hard. There's probably some risk of getting concussions if this continues. My head feels abnormal atm but i doubt its serious this time. Sometimes I also hit my arms etc. I stay away from eyes, nose, etc. I have no self-control.

Any similar experiences or advice?

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Yeah i've done this before. Hit myself in the face, punched things to fuck up my hand etc. I find it's when i am angry though as it's a different kind of release for me, as opossed to cutting and burning.

Would you be open to going to se a doctor about this? To get a referral to a psychologist or psychiatrist.

3. Placebo Soul

ive been going to a psychologist for a couple months, and im going to a psychiatrist in a few days.

4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Have you discussed this with the psychologist? Do you think you will mention it to the psychiatrist?

5. Placebo Soul

i havent mentioned si...im not sure if theres anything to be said other than "dont do it its bad"

6. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Well you can discuss the reasons as to why you do it, ideas on how to realease these feeling etc, in a healthy way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.