hiv positive

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by incognito395, Aug 10, 2016.

1. incognito395

incognito395 New Member

im in my late teens/early twenties and i been hiv positive for my whole life, i never had medication up until a year ago and decided to stop taking them about 3-4 months ago. it has really made me depressed ever since i have found out about it and really see nothing in my life worth living. i work a job i hate and the bosses seem to hate me, i look very weird and that seems to make ppl not want to befriend me. in terms on relationships, i've gave up on even trying now. no one would want to date someone who has hiv, obviously shown by this thread. datehookup.com/thread-303501.htm

i find it hard to talk to physiologist and had two in he past i didn't trust enough so i stop going to them, i do find it hard to trust people. part of the reason i stopped my medication is because im too embarressed to go to the sexual health.

i've searched all over the internet and never found nothing that actually helped me so i guess this isn't really for help but just to let my feelings out, peace!

2. Sociopath476

Sociopath476 New Member

Was the HIV passed on through your parents, then onto you? And when it comes to dating, if that's something you really want, you can search for people who also have HIV because they have group meet ups all the time. Most people choose to date within that community.

And I understand not wanting to talk to a professional because of trust issues, but don't let a couple bad eggs destroy your entire basket. Psychologists are like strawberries, if you pick them too early, they don't have enough time to sweeten. Give more of them a try because there will be one that you can develop a bond with. My counseling was all throughout my teens and young adulthood. Every counselor seemed terrible to me until I met the right one. Then I opened up about everything that had happened in my life.

Also never feel embarrassed to go to sexual health sites because they can help you, they deal with this sorts of things all the time. They may also be able to help you find a community that will help as well.

AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  3. incognito395

incognito395 New Member

yes, it was passed through my parents. i might try a few more psychologists but i doubt i'll be able to trust them. i have extreme trust issues to the point i don't even trust my own family to talk to them about it. and about going to the sexual health clinic, i'm not even going to bother. i prefer just to root away tbh then return there

thanks for the reply through much appreciated

4. AlexiMarie7

AlexiMarie7 Well-Known Member

May I ask why you decided to stop taking the medication? Have you noticed changes since stopping; were they helping you?

There are many people who stick with their partners through HIV, not just the public figures either, and as far as I understand it now, medicine has improved to the extent that the chances are pretty slim of contracting it, once the right steps are taken. So, I don't think all is lost on that front.

You are still young and many of us only find our loves much later on, so the key for now is to at least keep yourself healthy so that you are able to meet that special person at some point. This may mean re-starting taking the meds as prescribed.