Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Roam, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roam

Roam Member

Hello everyone, I am a 28 year old who has been suffering periods of depression for a good part of his life. For the last few years, it has just been getting worse and I have started having suicide ideations a lot stronger than ever before. I find it hard to meet up with people, old and new, and just coping with everyday life. Even taking action to change my situation is something that takes me a lot of effort.

I am here just to try to find I way to get better because for me it's just getting worse.
  2. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

hello, nice to meet you. i am sorry you feel you are getting worse, i look forward to getting to know you.
  3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hello, Roam. Welcome to SF. :)
  4. iwanttohelp

iwanttohelp Well-Known Member

Hi Roam, welcome and you have made an excellent first step to finding some relief. Admitting your pain and that you need help shows that you have self awareness, and that you can find answers that will work for you.

Yes, getting out of depression takes time and for me it takes allot of effort too. I wanted to kill myself at 17 and it is 30 years later now. I have had to go to therapy, read hundreds of self help books, try out dozens of coping skills, and have a daily practice of faith in my life in order to find some moments of peace and joy in my days.

However, without daily effort I slip right back into negative thinking and depression. So never give up, and look at some of the deeper underlying reasons for your pain and express them to a trusted professional or in this forum. Get out your feelings... cry, write, talk, do whatever it takes. If you decide to live no matter what and to do whatever it takes, eventually over time there will be a gradual shift in you. There is no doubt about it.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to also say hi and glad you are reaching out here hun for support hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.