hmm..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Juliaa, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

i don't know if this is good or bad, well it's good, i suppose, but idk.
    i've been feeling really good for the past few days, but there's someone inside me tugging me to feel depressed again, but i'm trying not to let it take over me.
    but is it crazy that i want to be depressed?
    gah, i sound insane.
    but i'm supposed to want to feel happy...right?

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

That's not crazy.
    being depressed for a long time, we tend to view depression as part of our identity.
    I feel losing my depression would be losing a part of myself.
    Let go of it gently :heart:

3. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

thanks [:

i went to my theropist for the first time today and he prescripted me to take prozac,
    does anyone else take that? does it help?

4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I started on prozac about 3 weeks ago and for maybe the first week it just seemed to make me feel worse. I seem to be levelling out a bit now though. I was told it takes a couple of weeks to kick in so I'll see how it goes. I still feel pretty depressed though so my doc is talking about increasing my dosage. It's also making me feel a bit strange. Sort of numb but I guess that's better than the pain I've been living with. I've never taken anything like this before and feel it's a bit of a last resort or should I say a penultimate resort. Best of luck.

5. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

I took it for a while. It helped a bit with my depression, but my social anxiety is much more debilitating, so I went back to Paxil. I hope Prozac works out for you, though. :smile:

I definitely feel my depression is part of my identity. Fortunately (or unfortunately) for me, these meds aren't a cure-all. I doubt I would've survived high school without them, and I definitely wouldn't be in college now without them, but I still have social anxiety and I still get very depressed. In other words, SSRIs can be very helpful, but they don't change who you are.

6. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

thanks for your input guyss [:

i haven't gotten the prozac yet, stupid pharmacist. hah
    but i hope it workss.

7. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

i know what you mean no matter what i do, ill always come back to this depressed side of me at the end of the day, it's like a part of me now. good luck to you julia

8. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

thanks angelo.
    and i love the qoute in your sig, it's from the truth about heaven by armor for sleep, right?

9. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

lol ya, i think your avatar is pretty

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008
  10. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

thank youuu [:

11. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I'm in the same boat.

That other side of me is triggered when I have a bad day at work, I guess.

And yes, you are supposed to want to be happy. Being happy is much, much better than the other option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.