Hmm...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hurted, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Hello.

First of all, i do not know why i posted this here.
    I am not suicidal anymore. For months.

But i do think about it often, however, just as a fantasie, so its not serious.

I just want to vent about the things that really bother me, and since i havent talk about my problems with anyone for months, i opened this thread.

I'm 17 years old, mildy or moderately depressed, and i dont have real problems. I am just too sensitive. I make big deal out of the smallest thing. I dont know why im so emotional, i want to be like normal 17 years old guy.

Majority of people don't know who i really am. I don't have friends. I used to, but most of them were fake anyway. I am confused. I don't know who i am, and what i want. I just spend (waste) day doing things i like like watching movies, listening to the music etc...

I self harm and i am extremly self destructive. My life is ful of bad habits....
    I also have anxiety (mild, but i still hate it)

Lately ive been seriously thinking about leaving this forum. I don't feel nice on here, since i don't have real problems. Everytime when someone ask me to tell him/her about my problems im ashamed, since i dont have real problems. I really dont know...

I hate myself, the way how i look and my personality.

I don't want to die, but sometimes i think about killing or harming myself and it makes me feel nice:blink:

2. helena

helena Staff Alumni

I think in a very simpel way, there are not necessarely real problems to be really depressed; your age can explain beeing emotional; teenyears are known as a time when different emotions(self esteem also) get more extreme; and if you ask me I prefer someone that tend to be more sensitive than some agressive macho bully.There are cases of depression that are pure physiological, like if your brain isnt producing some hormone, as far as I'm well informed, i didnt looked it up or something; I heard different people that have it.
    And even though, thinking you don't have real problems shouldn't make you feel guilty or not belonging, we dont use standards of illness or a,ount of problems to accept people; I guess anyone in need of support, feeling low etc has all the right to be here.
    I hope you can keep those thoughts of harming yourself as some kind of fantasy that gives you a temporary feeling of wellbeing and don't act on them ever.
    You are very young and a lot of good things are yet to happen to you for sure.
    Take care

3. HateMeToday

HateMeToday Active Member

Everyone has their own problems and all of them are real, you sound just like me actually, i'm a 17 year old girl that does nothing but sit around and watch tv and such, i think if something hurts you then it is a big no matter what other people think, for instance my dad called my mom fat and i started crying, why, because i am shorter then her and weigh as much as her and have weighed more, so in my mind my dad was calling me fat, people might think that's stupid but it's a sensitive subject for me and a big deal, we all have nerves that people can hit and we seem like we overreact but if it's something that hurts you then it is a big deal, i also used to have friends but don't anymore, and i'm a self harmer, wow we're like twins lol, but everyones "problems" are real you being depressed and self harming in itself is a problem, trust me i used to think i didn't have any then i played my life back in my head and you could write a drama with it, there's always someone better off then you and worse off then you i say f*** everyone else they're not me lol, cuz i mean really if everyone thought oh i can't be sad cuz this person has it worse, then nobody would be aloud to be sad, you're feelings and "problems" are real and deserve to be recognized just like every other persons.

4. You pain is your pain... and at the end of the day, you have every right to feel your own emotions.

Although you say that you dont have any problems, your post doesnt to me, scream of a someone without problems...

For a long time I thought that I didnt have any problem, and the happiness that I felt made me selfish or self-centred to talk about my emotions...

If you sit down and let yourself not feel bad infront of yourself (if you know what I mean) you'll find that you do have things that you need help with... everyone who had ever lived can say this... your not alone, and this forum can help you...

:hug:

-J- :sadwave:

5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thank you A LOT for this reply :hug:

I can only hope that good things will happen. My life is not so bad, but it's not enjoyable if u know what i mean...

I feel little better now, i mean i really like this place and i had feeling that other would think i dont belong here... Lol im paranoid...

I never heard of physiological depression before. But maybe i will read some articles...

Thanks for writting :hug:

Yes, sometimes we make big deal out of something trivial and unimportant, but its important to us. So maybe i should look on it from different perspective:)

6. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thanks for reply. I know that i should think of it that way, but everytime when i read posts of people who had lost someone i feel that im making big deal out of everything.

:hug:

Ps: Welcome to the forum.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Hurted,
    I read your post and you may not have alot of the same problems we do but you do self harm and that isn't good. You need to stop that now before it actually leads you down the wrong path.
    I think you are very mature for your age and have offered support to those who needed to be picked up a little. So you see you do show support for others.
    Just because you don't have the problems we do you are still welcome here. This isn't a closed site to members who suffer only. Look at Dave N he doesn't suffer from any of our illnesses but he comes on here dailey to show support to those who do.
    To make along story short you are welcome here!!!Take care!!~Joseph~

8. helena

helena Staff Alumni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.