Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cult logic, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I don't even know what to say here.

Things are going south for me again.

Stopped taking all medication. Stopped therapy.

At least am not cutting myself.
  2. confuzzle

confuzzle Well-Known Member

Well, why have you stopped your medication? Why have you stopped therapy? Were they not helping you?

It's great that you aren't cutting. Keep it up!

If you need someone, you can always PM me. ^^

Things went a little south for me today as well, life sure knows how to do that to us sometimes, doesn't it?

hope this helps
  3. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: hey Brandon, please talk to us about this
    why have you stopped therapy and medication? they can really help :smile:
    if you ever need to talk, i'm always here :heart:
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Brandon :hug:

I stopped taking my anti d's cold turkey a few months back, trust don't want to go down that road. You'll feel even more depressed and anxious than before you started taking them.
    Why have you stopped therapy?
    Talk to us hun x
  5. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

I stopped cold turkey a few weeks ago as well, and I am now suffering the consequences. I was actually doing well, and I thought I was ready to go off them. Big mistake!

Brandon, get back into therapy and on your medication as soon as possible! I am going to start up again tonight. Hopefully I will get back to where I was at least. Things can quickly spin out of control once your off your much needed meds.

Keep us posted on how you're doing!

6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I stopped taking my medication because it didn't help enough to justify the side effects I was experiencing.

As for therapy, I hated my therapist. The guy was a dick.

My mom wouldn't let me change, so I decided to just stop going.
  7. max0718

Hey Brandon,

If you don't mind me asking, what meds were you on? I was on Abilify once and the side-effects (anxiety, couldn't sit still, couldn't sleep well, couldn't concentrate, felt like a zombie) were torture as well for about a month or so. I never did respond that well after that anyway, so I was put on new medication a few months later.

If the side-effects are really that bad, then you should talk to your psych about them. Get a new psychiatrist as soon as possible, and explain the situation to your mom (maybe in a letter will be best, that way you can rationally lay out your reasons until you're satisfied with it). It really doesn't help if you're seeing a psych who you don't trust.

Hope you figure this out, but in the meantime we're here for you.

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey have you tired asking your therapist to change your medication. I have tried 3 times finallyfound one that works You are not helping yourself by stopping meds cold turkey you are going to get worse side effects by stopping them this way you have to wean off them cut them in half the quarter them Talk with your dr about changing them If your T is upsetting you for god sake let him or her know it tell them you are upset with them so they can change. They will work with you not against you let him know what is making you think he is no good Honesty best policy here. take care and get back on those meds. okay take care
  9. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I was on zoloft and abilify.

I stopped taking it a few weeks ago and the bad side effects stopped.

Why the hell would I go back on something that had nothing but negative effects?

I'm done with that shit.

Also, my mom downright refused to allow me to see a different person. I'm not going back to see that dick.
  10. max0718

Hey Brandon,

I can relate regarding the side-effects. The side-effects I had from Abilify was absolutely excruciating. It really was. But that doesn't mean you should give up the search for the right medication. It took me a few cocktails and about a year to get my mix of meds right, and I was really doing well until I also stopped cold turkey a few weeks ago. As I said, I'm going to start taking them again tonight and I hope that it works.

Regarding your mother, I'm not quite sure what advice to give you here as I know parents can be quite stubborn when it comes to this sort of thing. I'm sure she only wants the best for you though, and sometimes they worry about changing doctors as they are afraid that change won't be good for you.

I would suggest to just write her a letter, stating all the reasons for you wanting a new doctor. That way your mother can see that you really thought this through, and it gives her time to think it through before responding to you as well. Just make sure she understands that you do still want help, but that you're not getting it from this particular doctor.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that your mother reconsiders. All the best!

11. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

Hmm ya I'm thinking about just getting off all of my meds as well...I dont have allot of side effects but I'm just tired of trying to get better having blind trust in my docs when nothing changes for me ... I still feel the same why am i stil on these drugs if nothing has really changed for me at all.....I understand u wanting to get off ur meds cause that's what I think i'm going to do myself
  12. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

Brandon... talk to your mom, let her know that MANY, MANY people have to try different doctors before you find one that you are comfortable with and one that can actually HELP you! Sometimes you need to try out 2 or 3... sometimes 6 or 7 before you find the right one. Tell her that u really want to see someone, but this last guy is NOT the right one!

You can still get the help you want and need, and you will find someone you are comfortable with. And you can ALSO request male OR female, depending on who you would be more comfortable with!!

13. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I don't even really care anymore.

I'm just gonna die in the end anyway.

Fuck it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.