Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asylum Project

Asylum Project Well-Known Member

I just got out of the army and currently living with my stepdad, I kind of want to be institutionalized, but I don't really want my sister, stepdad or cousen to know about it. I also don't have a car atm, do I like call the police to take me there?
  2. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Yeah or an ambulance.
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Yeah, I'd say an ambulance. Maybe do it when nobody's home?
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'd say ambulance too :hug: Good luck sunday x
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

call crisis team and let them know how you are feeling. Here the crisis team will come and take youto hospital if you need to go. ambulance is good also as that way you get taken right in no long waiting lines. You are right to get help for you just tell your family you are going to be away for awhile and go in and get some help the army really is hard on your mind. I have siblings who have gone to war and they needed help Good for you for knowing that you need it i think your family would understand if you told them though they would support you getting help if you have strenght to tell them.
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree if you need help then go for it..Write down your thoughts and then call an ambulance.. When you get to the hospital ask to speek with someone from the phsyc ward..Your also a vet so you can go to the VA and get help thru them..Having phsyc problems is nothing to be ashamed of.. There are millions of people in the US that have problems..Tell your family that you need help coping..If they love you they will support your decision..
  7. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I get my medical care at the VA. They have been very helpful for me. I can get the medicines I need, especially my anti-depressants.

I'm glad you're seeking the help you need.

8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

All great ideas and advice. Now the part you need to do is stick to the plan. Either the police or an ambulance will get you there hun. Then you need to take the resources and make them work for you. As for the family, they dont need to know anything other than you are taking some you time. Once in hospital you can tell the staff you wish no contact from the outside. Or if you like you can leave the staff a list of those you are willing to talk to on the phone or at visits. And it can all be at your pace. When you are ready to see the others. Once you have had a chance to build yourself back up a bit. Good luck and post to let us know what and how you are doing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.