Discussion in 'Welcome' started by tabbithy, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tabbithy

tabbithy Member

Don’t know why I am really trying this forum, friends are tired of hearing about why and how I feel.
    So maybe if I bore y’all I will come to terms with who I am, easier.
    Maybe it is to help myself while inflicting damage or help to others.

I first thought of suicide a few years back, so I tried overdosing, but I still woke up the next morning with a headache from hell. It was about three months later that I tried again, I <mod edit-gentlelady-methods>without thought to others and awoke in the hospital, but again I survived, there is another time I tried but my sister accidentally stopped me, unbeknownst to her. Recently in the last three months if that long, I <mod edit-gentlelady-methods> Now you tell me, maybe I am doing something wrong.
    But every day that I laugh or find the smallest joy I think about how it was worth it not to die.
    And then when I have a really bad day, I try to look back and convince myself that if I had succeeded in my efforts, there would be so many great times I would have missed. It makes you think, maybe things are not always as bas as you believe them to be.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am so sorry to hear you are in so much emotional pain that suicide seems your best option. i am glad your previous attempts were unsuccessful as I know your children would be so lost without you. As would your sister. Thankfully she arrived when she did. I am glad you joined our forum and are willing to seek other support systems to help you through the rough times. Depression isn't an easy disease. It is very difficult to fight on your own. I hope we can help to make a difference. :grouphug:
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Fighting depression is not an easy ride. Often the small feelings of joy make the fight to survive worth fighting for. We have good days, we have bad days. I am glad you have come here, I hope you can find some support and talk about what's going on for you :hug:
  4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi tabbithy..... so glad you're still in your body on the planet - I too am glad my attempt failed, because although we cannot believe it at the time, things can and do improve and our perspective can change. Having the support of SF is wonderful and strengthening :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.