Hmmmm

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Concrete_Angel, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Well im a bit confused right now on what to doo....
    In the past bad things used to happen to me by my step-dad and i plucked up the courage to tell somebody but then he threatened me so I took it all back.
    Its been about a year since these things happened and I thought we were going to have a fresh start and he was a completley new person sometimes and that made me feel better in myself.
    It all went haywire when I caught my step-dad doing the same things to my sister as he used to to me. I was really scared and a user on here persuaded me to speak up again so I contacted the police... they come round and im currently living with my grandparents but Im really scared because my mum wont talk to me anymore she thinks I just want to split them up.. my sisters wont talk and speak up and then theres just me. I want him to be put away but its my word against his. Its not going to work is it? Its going to go back to normal there going to think im making it all up and then what do I do?

2. Tealc

Tealc Banned Member

stick to your guns Kayleigh, maybe nothing will change but maybe it will but at least you can say you tried to stop this.
    what you have started may be the beginning of the end of this happening again to your sister.

be brave

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I too plucked up the courage to tell my parents what my grandfather had been doing.
    Can't say it had a happy ending, they were so freaked out at thinking it was my grandather they decided I had got it wrong and that it was someone else. :eek:hmy:
    No discussion on the topic, it was dropped and I had to carrying on seeing my grandfather for the next 4 years.
    He then tried it again and this time mum did listen, poor old dad was devastated (it was his father) and all hell broke lose.

Do I regret speaking up? No, because there comes a point where being a victim just has to stop!
    Stick to your guns, write down all instances so you have a clear and precise account.
    Lean on your grandparents, tell them the lot (or as much as you can bear).
    Your sister is too afraid to speak out, be her voice. :hug:

4. HollowRhythms

HollowRhythms Well-Known Member

Hey sweety... stick with it, you're doing the right thing. You're sisters may not be able to verbalize it, but they'll appreciate what you're doing for the rest of ther lives.. Just know in your heart, mind and soul that it's the right thing to do. I'm sorry you have tobe the strong one, its not always easy... i'm sorry your momwon't talk to you, not an easy thing to accept, i really hope shecomes around and realizes her children are more important. .. Be strong hon.. And message me if you need anything, or if ya need someone to remind you of the courage and strength u have.

Amanda

5. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

*hug thankyou x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.