Hobbies

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I really want to get some new hobbies (other than watching TV, watching movies, eating and sleeping!) but I have no idea where to begin!
    What are some of your hobbies and interests or some of the people around you?

Inexpensive or free hobbies would be best! But list anything! Especially anything that can be done or researched/found on the internet! :)

I can't help but to think having a few hobbies might make life seem a little brighter - and (fingers crossed) actually make me a little more interesting, seeing as I have absolutely nothing to me!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Ooo, I'm looking forward to the replies! I need some hobby ideas myself :)

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Judo. Well, I wish. Spinal injuries ruined that for me.

You both should try it, could make for fun times, and the exercise will do you good.

4. Aurora Gory Alice

I'd love to take up some form of exercise but it's no fun alone! :(

5. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i play computer games and go skateboarding now and again...

6. Aurora Gory Alice

I think you're onto something there Rob. I need to get a new console... any recommendations?

7. necrodude

well theres the ps3 and wii which are good for online gaming (its free) but for variety youd want an xbox 360. unless you go retro...

8. Aurora Gory Alice

We had a 360 but unfortunately the red ring of death got it.
    The PS3 my brother is about to sell!!! :(
    I may go for the Wii and then go from there... I don't think I'd wanna go retro! Although I think we've got a Commodore 64 somewhere!

9. necrodude

that sucks... :( microsoft are idiots.

10. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

In my spare time I like to bake cakes and biscuits, and draw (I love drawing manga, animals, portraits, inventing my own styles, etc.)
    One hobby I used to have was collecting TY Beanie Babies (I have over 3,000). I'd love to keep collecting them, but I don't have alot of space left in my room >.<
    I currently have a few hobbies that consist of 'collecting'. These are: lingerie, flavoured lipgloss, and Japanese/Lolita clothing and accessories :)

11. shades

shades Staff Alumni

There are all kinds of crossword puzzles, word games, anagrams, number puzzles, etc...many of which are fun and will also keep your brain active. I also play computer chess (on a board at home, not on the internet, though I know people that do) and read quite a bit, but when I have some time those word puzzles are great. Also, a beginners artist kit, which comes with pastels, water colors, etc... and a book on how to learn art. They are relatively inexpensive and even if you are not very good at it (as was the case with me) it was still fun and interesting. Oh...and throw some jigsaw puzzles in there!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
  12. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I would go with the Wii idea too. I love the Wii. And even though you don't like to exercise alone you could still try out wii fit. It would be a new hobby plus you would get some exercise in. Its not just exercise either there lots of fun mini games in there as well although the mini games are also designed to help with fitness and what not.

13. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Most of the time on the internet. Or playing games. I sing too, sometimes (good sign)... but before I...

... wrote, read, went on the bicycle, skateboarding, walk and draw in the park. Went ot the movies (well I do, but it's rare now...).

You can also help animals, or people, in need. If you can see people long enough for it.

14. Aurora Gory Alice

I might try to do some volunteer work and get a bike also...!

15. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

You never do martial arts alone! You join a dojo and meet a bunch of people and work with them and occasionally pummel eachother! And don't think even for a moment that you can't do it because you're female - there was a judo black belt woman at the dojo I attended, couldn't have weighed more than 125... she could easily flip 250 pound men XD

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
  16. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Hobbies... well one of mine is learning Russian, maybe you could take up a language?
    Gaming's a good one. Exercise, even if it's the gym. Writing. Reading.

17. mkandy

mkandy Member

I think that volunteering at a nursing home or boys/girls club, etc is a great way to focus your energy on something good. It puts you mind in a good place when you see that you are doing good.

Volunteering helps not only you but others which always makes someone feel good. You can always get friends to do it with you, or make new friends there.

18. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

I used to do kickboxing but i couldnt connect with anyone there and it just made me depressed. So now ive started weight training, hopefully i will get crushed by the barbell during the benchpress.

19. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I volunteer and teach English classes on the weekends for people who don't speak English as a first language.

I used to go running, but ever since the knee surgery, I pretty much only do it to stay active because doing it for enjoyment hurts too badly.

I also write, and I'm thinking about picking the saxophone back up.

20. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.