Holding on to a thread... (may trigger)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by meaningless-vessel, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

... in my attempts to maintain control over physically punishing myself. I suppose urges to hurt not only myself but family/work colleagues alike really doesn't help when I work in a hotel kitchen, with all manner of ways to do things to others/myself, but as I've pulled myself out of that situation, the urges to hurt my family or myself have increased.

Due to see a counsellor on Thursday, but I'm not looking forward to it. Why should someone else know exactly what's going through my mind (yes, including all methods), when I don't want it to be there?

And I have access to a number of ways which may/may not help others around me :unsure:

2. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

It is because even though you do not want them there, they are, and they will continue to increase unless you talk and try to discover the cause of them. which by yourself will be seemingly impossible, but an external, Neutral, source that can look into and try and find ways to help you address them in safer manner is beneficial.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am so relieved you are seeing a counselor...please give this person and yourself a chance and see what comes of it...share with him/ her as you can but do be as honest as you can once you trust him/her

4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I'm nervous as hell right now. Its 14 hours away and I'm working myself up a bit :unsure:

I really don't understand myself sometimes :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.