holding on

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cariad_Bach, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

I'm trying to hold on.

I've been trying to make changes that will make my life better and my self happier. I have struggled to overcome thoughts that I don't deserve it, and that anything I do will backfire and just make everything worse in the end.

But change is a long time coming. And sadness is creeping back in. And loneliness and suicidal thoughts are again buidling up within me.

Will I ever get better? Will I ever get over this? Will life ever seem like a good thing again?

My friend said to me "life isn't fair. You just have to make the best of it". but how do you do that?? How do you make things look better when nothing will change and when it does you know it will only bring sadness with it anyway?

Today feels like a very bleak day :blub:
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Living life is like playing a board game. You role the dice or spin the wheel and see how far it takes you. Sometimes it takes you backward, and sometimes you land on a square that makes you pay. Other times you hit something that scores you big gains. You then roll again and lose half of it. Is it fair? Who knows. It's life, just like the game is just a game.

Just like a game, some people get good at planning out their moves. They understand the game, they know all the rules, they have picked up on all the shortcuts and learned all the secrets. Life can be played that way also. A well set plan with a road map, much like the game board, can help lead you in the right direction. Yes, you can still hit the bad places... but you can also attain the things you need if your plan is well played out.

It seems like it will be difficult. It may be. Nothing good comes to us for nothing... I wish it did. Anything good I've ever obtained has been due to hard work toward attaining it. You can do it if you step back and lay forth a plan and then pound hard at it. Keep trying to hold on - you can make it.
  3. I know the pain you feel. Control what you can and don't worry about that which you cannot. Today may be bleak but tomorrow may be brighter, it is how you perceive the world around you.

I somethings think it is not about whether the world changes or not, but how your thoughts change towards the world. The glass is the same, but instead of it being half empty it is half full. I know it can be difficult to control how you perceive things but you are talking about it, you know why you are down, so hold on and wait for the road to straighten out again...it always does and you will be so glad that you held on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.