holiday eating urghh

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by alison, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I've been binging/purging at least twice a day since I've been off school. I know its bad for me and my chest hurts and my throat is sore, but I don't know what else to do. It's only getting worse - we're having a huge meal tonight and tomorrow night for christmas eve and christmas dinner.. and then we're visiting relatives out of town, which is non. stop. eating.

I don't know what I'm asking, I just feel so helpless. I'm all out of options.
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Do you ever try to eat small portions?

I'm not sure of your whole situation, but I find that eating a small amount is normally okay. I don't feel so guilty if it's just a little...
  3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Me too Alison.
    I've been trying to steer away from the food but how can you when it's shoved in your faced and you're basically expected to eat?
    I've binged/purged six times since Monday.
  4. alison

alison Well-Known Member

Yeah Vanessa, I really should eat smaller portions.. my family is really into food, and whenever I eat with them I end up wolfing down large amounts. Plus, my grandma always offers me seconds and if I don't eat more she asks "Did you not like it?" and then my mom glares at me and I get in trouble. I'm going to try to just slow down, but if you don't eat much people tend to be personally insulted that you don't like their cooking :/

I was stupid, I had the morning to myself to pick up a few more things for christmas, and I drank a coffee coolatta and then purged it.

Good luck Linds, I hope you get by okay!
  5. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm also taking Vanessas advice on the smaller portions and using child sized plates is good, just say you aren't feeling good. Seems to wash with my family this afternoon. Said I have a tummy bug/possible food poisioning.
  6. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm going on a diet of those diet drinks. I've done it before. They have 170 calories and vitamins. I'm going to cut my calories to 900. I can have tea with honey, juice, three diet drinks a day (510 calories), and vitamins, and toast or yogurt for something solid. Today was my last binge. No more food.
  7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

gehh -- the moment my sister walked in the door, she noticed that I've been losing weight...
    Everyone encouraged me to eat lots at dinner.
    It was like a food ambush! >.<
    I don't think I can hold it in...
  8. alison

alison Well-Known Member

Ugh, that sounds tough.. I'm sorry :/

After christmas eve dinner I threw up my food, probably same thing will happen tomorrow. bleck
  9. deferred dream

deferred dream Well-Known Member

Maybe you could try getting a plate with very, very small portions and then get seconds of very, very small portions. It'll give the appearance you are eating plenty, but you will know you ate just a reasonable amount and you won't need to purge. :) Be strong and if you do end up purging, always floss and brush your teeth thoroughly afterwards to at least try to prevent the worst of the damage to your teeth.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.