Holy f-ing GOD

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Oct 5, 2010.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I was walking back from the bank, when a car hit a homeless guy, and just hit him, his head hit the windshield and he flew in the air before he landed on the ground in the middle of the road..it took him at least a minute before getting up...the lady who hit him, parked her car near by and ran toward him...everyone was in shock and like there was another woman in a car who stopped and called 911..I mean I was so shocked...I heard the bang sound and really saw him twist in the air...I stayed for a few minutes but there were alot of people with him and he was able to wobble back to the sidewalk, then blood pour on his face, not sure if its from his forehead or head...

I ended up not staying because well I didn't know what to do, and I'm not a paramedic so...but for a good 15 min I tried to keep myself from crying, I was that affected by this...

and some stupid cars were honking and complaining that cars were in the way, some woman came off the boss and was like cussing the car and I told her "Look someone just got hit by a car, don't you see the broken windshield?" and then she calmed down...

its just disconcerting to see people being impatient and like pissed off for no reason, and if you noticed it, its always drivers...never pedestrians...but on the flip side, the woman who hit him could have driven away but she didn't...and others came to help...to prove that there are good in the world still

2. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

So sorry you had to wittness such a horrible thing, you ok now

3. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Hope you are ok :hug:

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Ooh what a horrible thing to have to witness..I hope you will be okay...:arms:

5. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

ahh~ witnessing an accident is pretty shocking.

I was in the subway once years ago when a man jumped infront of the train.
    It was like a scene out of a movie- I couldn't believe it was real, but it was.

Scary.
    You know... different people do different things in emergency situations and during accidents. There are those who automatically jump in to help, there are rubberneckers who just watch with gaping mouths and there are some who run away so that they don't get blamed or something... -__-
    Fight or flight, I guess... and some just stand there.

6. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I didn't know what to do, to be honest, if I had a cell phone I would have called 911 but I didn't and there were already lots of people around...so I thought he was in good hands, and I continued on my way, its not that I didn't care...or was a rubberneckers....

7. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Once when I was walking home from high school I saw a drunk driver go though a red light and hit a pedestrian. Even though the pedestrian was flung 10 meters into the air. 20 seconds after he hit the ground (luckily he landed on a grassy hill) the pedestrian then got up, dusted himself off and then beat the living shit out of the drunk driver.

8. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

wow!
    That is hardcore! XD
    I wish everyone was indestructible like that; and the drunk drivers *always* got beaten up. ... the world would seem a bit more fair that way, I think~

9. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

There will always be a witness to death, even if it's the first on the scene. Bare this in mind before threatening suicide. The sight of death is not pleasant for anyone and some are affected by the trauma.

10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I to am sorry you witness this it is very shocking distressing I hope you can talk to your therapist abt it take care of you okay I am sure the person is getting medical treatment now and will be okay so try not to worry. take care

11. CheapEscape

CheapEscape Active Member

Holy crap, that's so scary. Are you okay?

I hope he's okay. I'm glad the driver stayed to help.

12. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Its awful witnessing something like this.
    A few months ago my mums boyfriend fell down the stairs. I watched him bounce down the steps and land in a heap at my feet. I was petrified, thought he had died. Some times i can still see it when i close my eyes and i can hear the thuds, guaranteed to keep me awake when that happens.
    I hope you are ok

13. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

wish i never have to witness such terrible things in life