Holy Fuck

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by resistance, Sep 10, 2007.

1. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I am going away for a week next week on a driving course. I have got my theory booked for Tuesday and I'll be taking the practical on Friday most likely. I have just watched a DVD sent with my appointment sheet from the DSA and I'm shit scared.

It said the pass rate is 42% and it's even lower for first time candidates. The average student needs 42 hours of driving with an instructor and 22 hours in their own time (relatives etc) so that's 64 hours in total. I have had lessons and I don't know if I have had that many but I am going to be doing quite a bit of driving next week but I'm scared I'm not going to pass. Yes, I know I can take it again but we really cannot afford it and I need to pass. Any confidence I did have before I watched that DVD has now just gone. :(
  2. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

good luck hun be thinking of u u can do it girl:smile:
  3. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

Oh. It's a little different here in the US.

But anyway, best of luck to you. :hug: I know you'll do fine.
  4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

You'll do great, Rez. :hug: :smile: G'luck.
  5. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

Put all you can into it, if you try your hardest you have a chance, at least you've had lessons, but please don't let yourself down on the theory, make sure you do as much study as you can for that. If you have a good instructor you'll have more chance of passing.
  6. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

My instructor up until now has been pretty crap or at least I think so, with the money we had been paying. I was watching the DVD and it was going through what I will be expected to do in the practical exam and my instructor hadn't gone though some of them even though I am now in my second block (25 lessons). I dunno, I know I'm not a crap driver, afterall I did drive from where I live to Pembrokeshire which is about 1 and half miles away, there and part of the way back so I can do it.. just a bit worried. I'm going to drive some more this week, and then I'll be driving on the course next week, so hopefully it'll be ok.. and I am studying my theory. :)
  7. Panther

try spotting the mistake in your last post ..

okay, I'll tell you, I think you meant to put 'hours' rather than miles for the drive from home to Pembrokeshire.

www.theory-tests.co.uk gives you two free theory tests if you register with them.
    I'm not really surprised at the percentage figures you quoted, but at the same time it's hard to tell how much effort people have put into it. I'd try not to put that figure into your head but rather try your damned hardest, that's all you can do at the end of the day.
  8. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Haha yes hours... whoops. :) I will check out that site, thank you, thank you everyone. :hug:
  9. Panther

looks like you need to take both theory tests pretty quickly before your entitlement expires. I did one the other day to help for my course and was going to do the other tonight but it wouldn't let me.
  10. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I just took one of the tests and got 40/50. So close yet so far... :unsure:
  11. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I just took the other test and got 42 out of 50. Damn... 1 away!! Don't ya hate it when that happens. It's the practical I'm concerned about much but we'll see how it goes.
  12. Panther

yeah well hmmm it's difficult to give any help on the practical bit, don't go too slow or too fast (I failed one test for going too slow), be as aware of the rules of the road as possible, and I just hope you get an okay examiner.
  13. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

in the states, (even states like ny where its "hard" to get a licenese) its a god damn joke.

FUck all I needed to know what the speed limit was. When I could turn left or right and how to parallel park. Good luck! i hear "across the pond" you all drive on the left side of the road, sounds fucked up to me. Oh, always leave space between you and the car in front, at least 3 seconds, maybe it's just 2 on city streets ....

Don't be a fool, don't drink and drive.
  14. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Ye we drive on the left over here, I can't imagine driving on the right I'd be all over the place. :) and drink driving is something I would never do, I'm strongly against it. Thank you for the good luck.
  15. Panther

yep you're meant to leave a time gap of at least 2 seconds (more in bad weather) although there are several f***ers who ignore this very sensible rule and drive far too close to the back of your bumper, and I fucking hate it.
  16. Hey Res,
    You will do fine. Just keep a positive attitude and things will go great. :smile: Best of luck to you. :hug: